Woodcraft Woodshop - Sycamore, 3" x 6" x 6"
Ships for Free
(Platanus occidentalis) Common along riverbanks in the east, the ghostly white sycamore is an often overlooked hardwood. Sycamore has a whitish to light yellow sapwood and a darker reddish brown...
Item 151000Model PAR SYC035
Item 131009Model 3" X 6" X 6"
Item 150999Model PAR SYC047
Item 160178Model T90-664
Item 131186Model 4" X 6" X 6"
Item 853832Model Ash 2x6x6
Item 131566Model T13-662
Item 840036Model T89-662
Item 149863Model PAR SYC039
- A fine, even texture that is similar to maple
- Distinct ray flecks present on quartersawn surfaces give it a freckled appearance
- Works easily with both hand and machine tools
- Turns, glues, and finishes well
- American sycamore is a great species that is going through a resurgence in the marketplace
Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Thin Stock. The thin stock is cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
Carving and Turning Blocks. Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of size listed.
Plywood. Sizes are nominal. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.