Oneway - Spindle Steady for Delta
Spindle turners have been using steady rests for as long as people have been turning wood for smoother, safer turning of long or thin spindles. Traditional spindle steady designs tend to be heavy...
This kit includes the following items:
- Bowl Steady Clamp Block, Delta
- SPINDLE STEADY
You May Also Like
• Three non-marring, ball bearing wheels support your stock, preventing whip and vibration
• Each model has a clamp block specific to that manufacturer's lathes.
• Unique scissor-action clamping mechanism
• New steady allows you to move and adjust it much more quickly and easily than traditional design
Must have accesory
Turning balluster spindles of any length you must have this. It works as it should and does not mar the material in any way.
Great Lathe Addition
This item is for a "Delta" lathe, but the clamp block is for a 1-1/2" spacing, and my Delta 46-460 has a spacing of 1-1/4". I rectified this little problem with my grinder and a good file. Maybe not perfect, but works fine. Otherwise this steady is built like a tank! Very sturdy. The wheels on mine are actually improved from those shown in the photos.
Very sturdy...great support for a long spindle. The only complaint I have is that the instructions say that it has wing nuts for adjustments...mine came with regular hex nuts...will be replacing them soon. Otherwise, great product!
More effective than I anticipated
I used this primarily to stabilize the free end of a turning that was held in a chuck. It worked great for drilling a core thru the cylinder and for stabilizing the free end while turning a finial or tenon.