Elite 1500 Workbench with SM03 Storage Cabinet
Since 1922, Sjöbergs of Sweden has been manufacturing top quality workbenches to provide an enjoyable environment for woodworkers to create with wood. Their entire product line of workbenches was designed to meet the needs of a modern day woodworker and to take advantage of the latest...
This kit includes the following items:
- SM03 Storage Cabinet For Elite 1500, Scandi 1425 and 1825 Workbenches
- Elite 1500 Workbench
Items You May Need
The Elite Series of workbenches is smarter and heavier than any alternatives on the market – anywhere! Designed and built by Swedish craftsmen of European beech, the Elite 1500 top is 3-11/32" in the center with a skirt of 4-5/16". All surfaces are treated with a premium quality enriching oil. The specially developed vises provide enormous clamping power across their full width. You’ll be amazed by their clamping speed, accuracy and smoothness. Suitable for right- or left-handed persons – in less than two minutes, the vise can be removed and fitted on either side of the bench. A double row of 1" round dogs work from both vises. With its huge range of accessories, a Sjöbergs Elite Workbench will be the perfect foundation for your workshop.
No workbench is complete without a cabinet to keep your tools organized. The Sjöbergs® SM03 Storage Cabinet helps keep your tools organized and free of dust and shavings while adding mass to your workbench to dampen vibration and reduce shifting. This practical optional storage module fits the Sjöbergs Elite 1500, Scandi Plus, and Duo workbenches. The cabinet comprises one 3-drawer section and a wide, 2-door cupboard.
Elite 1500 Workbench
- Sjöbergs heaviest and most durable benches
- Designed to eliminate vibration, rocking or racking
- Built from hand picked solid beech and treated with a premium quality enriching oil
- Pre-mounted vises slide along fully adjustable guide rails to eliminate any jaw misalignment
- Vises can be rotated for both left- and right-handed use
- Double row of 1" round dogs work from both vises
- Fits perfectly below the Elite 1500, Duo and Scandi Plus workbenches
- Allows for easy access to your tools and accessories
- Keeps tools free from dust and shavings
- Solid beech doors and drawer fronts
- Drawers slide smoothly
- Doors swing on fully adjustable European hinges
- Treated with a premium quality enriching oil
- Comprised of one 3-drawer section and a wide, 2-door cupboard
Elite 1500 Workbench
- Material: Beech
- Overall Length: 59-5/8"
- Overall Width: 29-1/8"
- Work Surface Length: 54-1/8"
- Work Surface Width: 23-5/8"
- Top Thickness Middle: 3-11/32"
- Skirt Thickness: 4-5/16"
- Working Height: 35-1/2"
- Front Vise Width: 29"
- Front Vise Capacity: 5-3/4"
- Tail Vise Width: 23-5/8"
- Tail Vise Capacity: 5-3/4"
- Assembled Weight: 229 lbs.
- Assembled Weight with Optional Cabinet: 286 lbs.
- Material: Beech
- Box Length: 40-3/4"
- Box Height: 16-1/8"
- Box Depth: 18-1/2"
- Box Weight: 55 lb, 2 oz (25 kg)
- (1) Sjöbergs Elite 1500 Workbench
- (4) 1" Steel Bench Dogs
- (1) SM03 Storage Cabinet
- (1) Assembly Instructions
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Few vendors in Woodcraft’s history have been as colorful or as long-standing as Geoff Brown of Sjöbergs. In May , Woodcraft held its 19th National Sales Conference and Vendor Trade Show in Columbus, Ohio, and Geoff Brown has attended every one of them. Geoff and Yvonne, his wife of 55 years, announced their semi-retirement at this year’s event.
Excellent work bench
Am very pleased with this workbench. It went together with no problem. Everthing fit perfectly. The vises are heavy duty with no racking. Its very sturdy and heavy. Requires at least two people to place the top on the frame.
This is a excellent bench for a small shop. It has weight, and what you you would want from a workbench.