Sapele, Ribbon - 1/2" x 3" x 24"
Sapele (Entandrophragma cylindricum) is a genuine substitute for Mahogany. It is widely used in Europe. We have procured an exceptional supply of highly figured Ribbon Sapele. Although a member of a different species, Sapele (a.k.a. sapelli or sapeli) has a similar reddish-orange color...
- All the benefits of Mahogany with great figure
- Has a distinct, cedar-like scent while being worked
- Turns, glues, stains, and finishes well
- Native to the Congo Basin in Africa
- Thickness: 1/2"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Ribbon Sapele - 1/2" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.