Item 160081Model PAR OWR013
Woodcraft Woodshop - Roman Olivewood 2” x 2” x 12” Dimensioned Turning Stock
In Stock check in-store availability
Save 40% Now Through July 31, 2021
Item 160080Model PAR OWR013.6
Item 827323Model Olivewood 2 X 2 X 12
Item 153847Model PAR OWB013.6
Item 826645Model Olivewood 2X2X6
Item 160000Model Olive Ro 1.5x1.5x12
Item 834564Model PAR PUR013
Item 827376Model Zebrawood 2x2x12
Item 131565Model T13-212
Item 159722Model T62-212
Item 843934Model JOBILLO 2X2X12"
Roman Olivewood (Olea spp.), these hand selected pieces from the outskirts of Rome are premium examples of Olivewood. Olivewood is dense, oily and beautiful golden brown lumber with brown and black streaks running through it. These trees are typically harvested only after they are unable to produce olives.
- Perfect bowl blank
- Hard, heavy and fine textured
- Turns and polishes beautifully
- Common uses for Olivewood include bowls, platters, carvings, bottle stoppers, chess pieces, tool handles, table legs, spindles, finials, candlesticks, handles, and pen blanks
- Quality, kiln-dried stock
- Native to Italy
- Thickness: 2”
- Width: 2”
- Length: 6”
- (1) Roman Olivewood 2” x 2” x 6” Dimensioned Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.