Deluxe American Beauty Lathe
Looking for a lathe that’s a bit more robust? Look no further. These lathes were designed by woodturners for woodturners, and are proudly made in the USA. The Deluxe American Beauty package is for more discerning woodturners and has the following features. Instead of the standard 2HP...
- Patented Tilt-Away tailstock attachment, gets the tailstock completely out of the way
- Drive: Vector style variable frequency drive with auto-tune
- Sliding headstock with dual lock-downs and quick release
- Stainless steel ways on rigid structural steel bed
- USA made, Leeson variable speed motor
- Magnetic-backed controls for versatility of positioning
- Seven year mechanical parts warranty includes heavy-duty bearings
- Power: 3HP, 220V, single phase, 50/60 Hz
- AC totally enclosed, fan cooled motor
- Speed: Two-step polygroove pulley provides high-torque over multiple speed ranges: 50-1800 RPM and 150-3000 RPM
- Swing: 25”over bed
- Adjustable spindle height, 42” to 49”
- 48-position indexing handwheel
- Overall Dimensions: 62”L x 30”D x 58”H
- Center Height: Adjustable from 41” to 50”
- Weight: 700lbs
- Controls: Variable speed with Forward, Reverse, Stop, and Emergency stop
- Headstock: 1-1/4” x 8TPI prehardened aircraft grade 4140 chrome moly steel
- Bore: #2 Morse taper with thru-hole for vacuum
- Sliding headstock can be positioned anywhere on bed, dual manual lockdowns
- Spindle Bearings: Heavy-duty 6300 series ball bearings rated over 10,000 lb dynamic load
- Tailstock: #2 Morse taper standard, self-ejecting quill travels 4”
- Comes with faceplate, spur drive center, live center, 12” comfort toolrest, knockout rod, and operator’s manual
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 8 weeks due to custom build.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Now, THIS is a lathe!
I've been turning for 3 years and got this lathe 3 months ago. It is an absolute pleasure to use because of the ease in positionong the banjo, tool rest, and tailstock on the stainless steel ways. With the tilt-away feature, the tailstock is out of the way for full tool movement and the gas-assist needs only 5 pounds pressure to bring it back into position.