Deluxe American Beauty Lathe
Looking for a lathe that’s a bit more robust? Look no further. These lathes were designed by woodturners for woodturners, and are proudly made in the USA. The Deluxe American Beauty package is for...
• Patented Tilt-Away tailstock attachment, gets the tailstock completely out of the way
• Drive: Vector style variable frequency drive with auto-tune
• Sliding headstock with dual lock-downs and quick release
• Stainless steel ways on rigid structural steel bed
• US made, Leeson variable speed motor
• Magnetic-backed controls for versatility of positioning
• Seven year mechanical parts warranty includes heavy-duty bearings
Power: 3HP, 220V, single phase, 50/60 Hz
AC totally enclosed, fan cooled motor
Speed: Two-step polygroove pulley provides high-torque over multiple speed ranges: 50-1800 RPM and 150-3000 RPM
Swing: 25”over bed
Adjustable spindle height, 42” to 49”
48-position indexing handwheel
Overall Dimensions: 62”L x 30”D x 58”H
Center Height: Adjustable from 41” to 50”
Controls: Variable speed with Forward, Reverse, Stop, and Emergency stop
Headstock: 1-1/4” x 8TPI prehardened aircraft grade 4140 chrome moly steel
Bore: #2 Morse taper with thru-hole for vacuum
Sliding headstock can be positioned anywhere on bed, dual manual lockdowns
Spindle Bearings: Heavy-duty 6300 series ball bearings rated over 10,000 lb dynamic load
Tailstock: #2 Morse taper standard, self-ejecting quill travels 4”
Comes with faceplate, spur drive center, live center, 12” comfort toolrest, knockout rod, and operator’s manual
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 6 weeks.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Now, THIS is a lathe!
I've been turning for 3 years and got this lathe 3 months ago. It is an absolute pleasure to use because of the ease in positionong the banjo, tool rest, and tailstock on the stainless steel ways. With the tilt-away feature, the tailstock is out of the way for full tool movement and the gas-assist needs only 5 pounds pressure to bring it back into position.