Red Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Rift Cut - 3M PSA Backed
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Red Oak veneer is an open grain wood whose color range is a light wheat color to a pink tone and is one of the most common woods used...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Red Oak veneer is an open grain wood whose color range is a light wheat color to a pink tone and is one of the most common woods used today. Red oak is a common American hardwood that is easy to work with and strong. Due to the lack of tylose in its cells flat cut red oak veneer has a coarse texture and an alternating tight to porous grain. Flat cut red oak wood veneer is commonly stained to accenuate the grain and accepts finishes well. Pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) veneer is a type of paper-backed veneer that is a simple and easy alternative for applying veneer without the need for a liquid adhesive. Utilizing 3M™ adhesives, PSA veneer bonds to most smooth surfaces that are dry and free of dust and contaminants.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Red Oak
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Rift Cut
- Backing Type: 3M PSA
- (1) Red Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Rift Cut - 3M PSA Backed
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Shipping / Billing InformationThis is a custom made product and is non-returnable. Once placed, order cannot be cancelled.
- Your order will ship in approximately 10-14 business days.
- This product ships direct from the manufacturer and is considered special order.
- Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states.
- Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Returns allowed only due to manufacturers defect and must be in an unprocessed condition. Defect-related returns must be received within 30 days.If you have a defect issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for details.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
Great way to get
The 3M PSA backed veneer is a great product when used to "re-surface" kitchen cabinet wooden face frames. If one pays attention to detail, the final results will be rewarding. Prepare the old surfaces to be covered by removing any loose or peeling finishes by scraping or lightly sanding, then wipe down with mineral spirits to remove "dust". The trick is to be sure the old frames are clean, smooth and sealed so that the "peel and stick" veneer will properly adhere. I found using a sharp pair of scissors was the best way to rough cut the new individual rail and stile strips, then final trim with a sharp utility knife once the veneer is installed and "scraped". Don't be in any hurry to stain or seal the product UNTIL the 3M adhesive has set for at least 12 hours. Take your time and all involved will be happy with the results.