Flaky Red Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Quartersawn - 10 Mil Paper Backed
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Flaky Red Oak wood veneer, or Tiger Flake, is typically a warm light tan-brown to a pinkish reddish brown color. Red Oak is a common...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Flaky Red Oak wood veneer, or Tiger Flake, is typically a warm light tan-brown to a pinkish reddish brown color. Red Oak is a common American hardwood that is easy to work with and strong. Due to the lack of tylose in its cells, Flaky Red Oak veneer has a coarse texture and an alternating tight to porous grain that is interrupted by the flakey figure. This veneer is often stained and accepts finishes well which heighten the visibility of the flake and makes it appear lighter relative to the rest of the grain. Paper-backed veneer is a real wood veneer permanently bonded to a paper backing. This backing is applied to keep intact the individual wood veneers used to make up the full width of the sheet. A four foot wide paper-backed veneer consists of multiple veneers glued together side by side. The backing also minimizes seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood caused by changes in ambient humidity.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Flaky Red Oak
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Quartersawn
- Backing Type: 10 MIL Paper
- (1) Flaky Red Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Quarter Cut - 2-Ply Wood on Wood
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Shipping / Billing InformationThis is a custom made product and is non-returnable. Once placed, order cannot be cancelled.
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days except for custom orders which may take a couple of weeks.
- This product ships direct from the manufacturer and is considered special order.
- Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states.
- Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Returns allowed only due to manufacturers defect and must be in an unprocessed condition. Defect-related returns must be received within 30 days.If you have a defect issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for details.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
Articles & Blogs