Woodcraft Woodshop - Purpleheart 3/4" x 5" x 36"
Save 50% Now Through July 31, 2021
Item 131605Model PAR MPLAM 064
Item 127345Model PAR MBE059
Item 163697Model M05-130
Item 147605Model PAR MPL065
Item 149951Model AXD000004A
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp). is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. The thinner boards are well-suited for edging, veneering, marquetry, sides for decorative boxes, bending stock and bent laminations, while the thicker boards are ideal for furniture, paneling, cabinet doors, moldings, drawer sides, fine jewelry boxes.
- Boards are surfaced four sides.
- Dimensionally stable
- Extremely resistant to decay
- Works to a medium to high luster
- Machines well
- Quality, kiln-dried stock
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 3/4”
- Width: 4”
- Length: 36”
- (1) Purpleheart 3/4" x 5" x 36" Dimensioned Wood
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- ¼" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
I bought four boards 3/4" x 5" x 36" , I've used this before and the color is gorgeous, I couldn't pass it pass up with the sale price ! Perfect for making some 5"H x 8"W x 12"L jewelry boxes.