Woodcraft Woodshop - Purpleheart - 3/4" x 5" x 24"
Save 40% Now Through October 31, 2021
Item 153701Model Purpleheart 3/4x3x24
Item 839670Model Purpleheart 3/4x4x24
Item 153702Model Purpleheart 3/4x3x36
Item 153700Model Purpleheart 3/4x5x36
Item 166200Model PH.75530
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp.) is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. Turns and finishes well. The thinner boards are well-suited for edging, veneering, marquetry, sides for decorative boxes, bending stock and bent laminations, while the thicker boards are ideal for furniture, paneling, cabinet doors, moldings, drawer sides and fine jewelry boxes.
- Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown
- Terrific choice for specialty wood items including pens, knife scales and bottle stoppers
- Dimensionally stable hardwood with fairly straight grain
- Works to a medium to high luster
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 3/4”
- Width: 5”
- Length: 24”
- (1) Purpleheart - 3/4" x 5" x 24" - Dimensional Wood
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.