Purpleheart Thin Stock Pack - 1/2" Thick - 2 Square Foot
Purpleheart (Peltogyne spp.) is a medium to hardwood with tight, fairly straight grain and moderate to coarse texture. Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown. Purpleheart is a very strong wood that machines well with sharp tools. Works to a medium to high luster....
These premium grade hardwoods are ideal for scroll sawing, intarsia, jewelry boxes, and a variety of other projects. Offered in convenient packs of 2 square feet with random widths (3" to 9"), all with a 24" nominal length. Rough sanded and ready for use, these assortments eliminate hours of material preparation and allow more time for finishing your projects.
- Bright purple when cut, it darkens to a deep purplish brown
- Dimensionally stable hardwood with fairly straight grain
- Turns and finishes well
- Native to Central and South America
- Thickness: 1/2”
- Width: Varies
- Length: Varies
- (1) Purpleheart Thin Stock Pack - 1/2" Thick - 2 Square Foot
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Properly planed, good smooth surface required minimal sanding. No cracks, no checks. Good piece of wood as advertised.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827936
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827947
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827920
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827926
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827928
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827927
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827921
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827937
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827949
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827938