Powermatic - 18" Drill Press, Model PM2800B
Save 15% On Jet and Powermatic Now Through April 30, 2020
Item 828557Model 30-140
Item 420867Model RK7033
• Mechanical variable speed allows for full range of speed with no belt changes
• 6" of quill travel with one revolution of the handle
• Fence system adjustable for a perfect 90 degree relationship to the table, for rapid alignment of stock
• Adjustable material stop makes repetitive actions accurate and quick
• A digital RPM readout allows user to optimize the spindle speed to the application
• Laser guides provide an accurate indication for tool point
• 5/8" Keyed Chuck
• Reversible handles can be mounted on either side of the machine for more comfortable working of the quill
• Two independent LED worklights eliminates shadows
• Work table can be rotated to a full 90 degree position
• Replaceable square table insert with leveling screws make it flush with the top of the table
• Oversize cast iron base for added stability
• Safety key prevents accidental starting
Motor: 1HP, 1Ph, 115/230V, Prewired 115V, 15/7.5 Amps
Base Size: 13-3/8” x 20”
Chuck Distance to Base: 43-13/32”
Chuck Distance to Table: 24-1/2”
Chuck Size: 5/8”
Column Diameter: 3-1/8”
Drilling Capacity: 5/8”
Fence Size (L x H): 19-13/16” x 2-11/16”
Number of Spindle Speeds : Variable
Spindle Distance to Base: 46-1/4”
Spindle Distance to Table (Max.): 27-3/8”
Spindle Speed Range (RPM) : 250-3000
Spindle Taper : MT-2/JT-3
Spindle Travel: 6”
Table Size (L x W): 20” x 14”
Table Tilt (Deg.) : 0 to 90
Net Weight: 266 lbs
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
All returns must be pre-approved. Any non-warranty returns must be unused and in original packaging. A 25% restock fee will apply. Customer pays return freight. Please call our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-535-4482 with any return questions.
Because this item is purchased and shipped directly from the manufacturer, their warranty supersedes any offered by Woodcraft. Click here for Powermatic Warranty
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
After 21,961 de-duped entrees to the Gold Rush Sweepstakes sponsored by Woodcraft, Powermatic and Woodcraft Magazine, we have our winners list to share with you. The contest promotion ran from August 1 to September 30th, 2013 where there were 5,552 store entries and 16,409 online & mail-in entries. Winners were selected on October 10, 2013.
Very Very heavy
Part of the instructions do not tell you to remove column ring, then slide table over column and replace ring which take about three people.Also that the drill press head can not be lifted to fit over the column, it must be put on by laying the column on its side and placed in hole after set srews are unlossened, and three or four people to lift it, very very heavy.