Porter-Cable Speed-Bloc Quarter-Sheet Finishing Sander, Model 330
For a smooth finish, use the Porter-Cable Speed Block Quarter Sheet Finishing Sander!Features Comfortable, easy-grip outer housing for hours of use without fatigue Solid metal frame for precision...
For a smooth finish, use the Porter-Cable Speed Block Quarter Sheet Finishing Sander!
- Comfortable, easy-grip outer housing for hours of use without fatigue
- Solid metal frame for precision seating and alignment of bearings, motor, and fan, providing for maximum trouble-free tool life
- Rubber posts isolate your hand from vibration while enabling full sanding action and efficiency on the work
- 100% ball bearings
- 14,000 Orbits-per-minute pad speed with 5/64" orbit
- Accepts pre-cut adhesive or self cut standard paper with metal stamp
- Power: 120 VAC, 25-60 HZ
- Amps: 1.2
- Orbits/Min: 14,000
- Pad Size: 4-1/8" x 4-1/2"
- Paper Size/Type: 1/4" Sheet
- Orbit Diameter: 5/64"
- Length: 4.5 in.
- Width: 5 in.
- Height: 4.5 in.
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 4.75 lbs
See ''Ships Direct from Manufacturer link for warranty and return details.
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Contact Customer Service at 800-535-4482 for information on returns. Non-defective returns may be subject to a 20% restocking fee and return freight.
PORTER-CABLE CORPORATION warrants to the original purchaser that all products covered under this warranty are free from defects in material and workmanship. Products covered under this warranty include air compressors, air tools, service parts, pressure washers, and generators, which have the following warranty periods:
- 3 YEARS - Limited warranty on 2-stage oil-free air compressor pumps that operate at 1725 RPM.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on oil-lubricated air compressor pumps.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on all other air compressor components.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on electric generator alternators.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on other generator components.
- 2 YEARS - Limited warranty on pneumatic air tools.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on pressure washers used in consumer applications (i.e. personal residential household usage only).
- 90 DAY - Pressure washers used for commercial applications (income producing) and service parts.
- 1 YEAR - Limited warranty on all accessories.
Porter-Cable will repair or replace, at Porter-Cable's option, products or components which have failed within the warranty period. Service will be scheduled according to the normal work flow and business hours at the service center location, and the availability of replacement parts. All decisions of Porter-Cable Corporation with regard to this limited warranty shall be final. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
RESPONSIBILITY OF ORIGINAL PURCHASER (initial User):
- To process a warranty claim on this product, DO NOT return it to the retailer. The product must be evaluated by a Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center. For the location of the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center call 1-888-559-8550, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Retain original cash register sales receipt as proof of purchase for warranty work.
- Use reasonable care in the operation and maintenance of the product as described in the Owner’s Manual(s).
- Deliver or ship the product to the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center. Freight costs, if any, must be paid by the purchaser.
- Air compressors with 60 and 80 gallon tanks will be inspected at the site of installation. Contact the nearest Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center that provides on-site service calls, for service call arrangements.
- If the purchaser does not receive satisfactory results from the Porter-Cable Authorized Warranty Service Center, the purchaser should contact Porter-Cable.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
I read all of the reviews from people who have had this sander for 30 years and more without a problem. Mine didn't last 30 MINUTES before it quit and wouldn't start again. Had to drive 50 miles to the authorized repair shop and two weeks later drive back again to pick it up. The repair was under warranty, but it cost me more in time and gas to get it fixed than it cost to buy it. In the 30 minutes in worked, it did a great job . . . but it is ending up costing me a lot more than I expected.
Have used this sander for years
Bought this sander in my early twenties for a cabinet stripping & refinishing business. (I'm 66 now) The sander has had heavy use. Dont use it much anymore and the bearings are finally going out. Debating to replace them or just buy a new one. The design lets you hold it from any direction and the square pad gets you close to edges and corners. Forget dust collectors. To me would be in the way.
Do not let the fact that this little sander does not have dust collection built in keep you from giving it a look. I have used many 1/4 sheet sander over the years but this little guy has a great hand grip little vibration, easy to use, quiet and can be used for hours without leaving your arm feeling dizzy from vibration. It leaves a glass smooth finish in no time. I do recomend gettng the PC adhesive backed sand paper and the pad (only 7.99) for it for fast changes of paper and will actualy save you money one box equals about 90 sheets per box. njb.
Sanding becomes relaxing
Building period type of furniture for many years and using lesser brands and models of 1/4 sheet sanders that were not comfterable or as efficiant. So when the last one went out I decided to try the PC 330. We could not beleive how comfterable it was to use, very quiet, low vibration (almost non-exhistant) and very efficiant it got the job done very fast. This sander is worth the extra money. I think that our quality of furniture has improved due to the comfort of this sander that we spend a little more time sanding to get it perfect and not just calling it good enough. I have used both the sand paper clamps and the adhesive pad on the 330 and in my opnion the adhesive pad is the way to go, 10 yds equals 90 sheets of sand paper in a box of PC sand paper It goes a long way and is super fast to change.