Item 181126Model Picana3/4x4x24
Woodcraft Woodshop - Picana - 3/4" x 4" x 24"
Out of Stock
Ships for Free
Save 40% Now Through October 31, 2021
Picana (Corida spp.) is a tight-grained, medium-textured wood from Bolivia, a close relative of Bocote, which is evident by its definitive black streaks but with a more reddish tone. It works easily with hand and power tools. Nails and screws well. Common uses of Picana include cabinetry, veneer, paneling, musical instruments, turned objects, and other small specialty wood items.
- Closely related to Bocote – reminiscent black streaks with a more reddish tone
- Tight grain, medium texture
- Excellent choice for turning projects as a high polish can be achieved
- Machines, glues and finishes well
- Native to Bolivia
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Picana - 3/4" x 3" x 24" - Dimensional Wood
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.