Woodcraft Woodshop - Phenolic Faced Plywood 3/4" (18 mm) x 24" x 48"
This item has an additional shipping charge
Phenolic-Faced Plywood is composed of birch plies sandwiched between a top and bottom layer of phenolic-impregnated birch plywood. Phenolic-Faced Plywood can be machined with standard woodworking...
Item 153883Model Ph Ply 3/4x24x32 brn
Item 152976Model 18mm-3/4x30x48
Item 159763Model 18mm-3/4x30x48 F2S
Item 131404Model 18mm-3/4x24x30
Item 159760Model MDF .75x24x48
Item 159762Model Hardboard 1/8x24x48
Item 152977Model 12mm-1/2x30x48
Item 131409Model 18mm-3/4x12x30
Item 849675Model 02310
Item 123033Model BK-1
Item 159902Model 04301
Item 415687Model M1050
Item 159761Model MDF .5x24x48
Item 131142Model 18mm-3/4x12x12
Item 131401Model 6mm-1/4x24x30
Phenolic-Faced Plywood is composed of birch plies sandwiched between a top and bottom layer of phenolic-impregnated birch plywood. Phenolic-Faced Plywood can be machined with standard woodworking tools and has great screw-holding capabilities. It is dimensionally stable. It is the only multi-ply material that has a protective surface able to withstand the wear and tear of your woodworking shop. Common uses include shop-built auxiliary tables, fences, jigs and fixtures, however, with its attractive color, this material could also be used in furniture construction where "toughness" is a requirement.
- Glued together with a waterproof phenol resin adhesive (exterior glue)
- Protective surface
- Attractive Brown color (color may vary)
- Thickness: 3/4" (18 mm)
- Width: 24"
- Length: 48"
- 3/4" Phenolic-Faced Plywood has 13 plies
- Sheets are 24" x 48", +/- 1/4"
- (1) Phenolic-Faced Plywood 3/4" (18 mm) x 24" x 48"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
The jury is out. How durable the surface
I bought the product so I could fabricate a new top for my router table. When I attached breadboard ends with glue and brads, I noticed the phenolic coating scratched easily and rubbed off with hand tools. It's clearly not as robust as laminate, but the underlying plywood is easier to work and more robust than MDF.