Padauk Thin Stock Pack - 1/2" Thick - 2 Square Foot
African Padauk (Pterocarpus soyauxii) is a medium to hard wood, color can vary, ranging from a pale pinkish orange to a deep brownish red. Most pieces tend to start reddish orange when freshly cut, darkening substantially over time to a reddish/purplish brown. The grain is generally...
These premium grade hardwoods are ideal for scroll sawing, intarsia, jewelry boxes, and a variety of other projects. Offered in convenient packs of 2 square feet with random widths (3" to 9"), all with a 24" nominal length. Rough sanded and ready for use, these assortments eliminate hours of material preparation and allow more time for finishing your projects.
- Unique reddish orange color
- Excellent choice for outdoor use due to being highly resistant to decay and insect attack
- Glues, turns & finishes well (accepts both oil and water-based finishes)
- Native to Central and tropical West Africa
- Thickness: 1/2"
- Width: varies
- Length (nominal): 24"
- (1) Padauk Thin Stock Pack - 1/2" Thick - 2 Square Foot
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
This is some of the most beautiful wood i've used yet!
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827942
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827931
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827925
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827926
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827928
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827927
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827937
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827949
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827948
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827950