Woodcraft Woodshop - Osage Orange, Argentine - 2" x 2" x 24"
Argentinian osage orange (maclura tinctoria), this Argentinean species tends to keep its deep golden orange color. The heartwood is accentuated by bands of darker and lighter grain. This wood is...
Item 841878Model Osage Org 2x2x18
Item 838057Model 1.5x1.5x12 Osage Ora
Item 838059Model 2x2x12 Argentinian O
Item 841659Model 1.5X1.5X24
Argentinian osage orange (maclura tinctoria), this Argentinean species tends to keep its deep golden orange color. The heartwood is accentuated by bands of darker and lighter grain. This wood is heavy, hard, dense and stable with a fine to medium texture. Working this wood can be difficult due to its hardness and density, though it is reported to have little dulling effect on cutting edges. It turns well and polishes to a deep luster. Common uses for Osage Orange include furniture, turnings, and other small specialty wood items.
- Deep golden orange
- Polishes to a deep luster
- Turns, glues, stains and finishes well
- Native to Tropical America (West Indies, Central and South America)
- Thickness: 2"
- Width: 2"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Osage Orange, Argentine - 2" x 2" x 24" - Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.