Woodcraft Woodshop - Olivewood - 1" x 1" x 12"
Ships for Free
Save 50% Now Through November 30, 2021
Item 838042Model 1.5\"X1.5\"X12\"
Item 826213Model Olivewood 1.5x1.5x3
Item 829759Model Olivewood PB 4pc
Item 838041Model Olivewood 1.5x1.5x6
Item 151142Model MesquiteBlk1.5x1.5x1
African Olivewood (Olea Capensis) has heartwood that is often pale to medium brown with irregular streaks that vary from brown to dark-brown and dark grey. The sapwood is generally pale yellow. Wood has excellent strength properties. Material can be difficult to work due to interlocked grain and oily surface of the wood. Olivewood needs care when drying to avoid checking or honeycombing, especially with thicker material. Pre-boring is recommended when nailing. Moderate blunting effect to cutting tools. Olivewood is used for sculpture and carving work, veneer, decorative turnings, inlay, and high end custom furniture.
- Medium brown with irregular streaks
- Known for having excellent strength properties
- Polishes up well and gives a smooth even finish
- Native to Europe and eastern Africa
- Thickness: 1"
- Width: 1"
- Length: 12"
- (1) Olivewood - 1" x 1" x 12" - Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.