Red Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 10 Mil Paperbacked
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Red Oak veneer is an open grain wood whose color range is a light wheat color to a pink tone and is one of the most common woods used...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Red Oak veneer is an open grain wood whose color range is a light wheat color to a pink tone and is one of the most common woods used today. Red oak is a common American hardwood that is easy to work with and strong. Due to the lack of tylose in its cells flat cut red oak veneer has a coarse texture and an alternating tight to porous grain. Flat cut red oak wood veneer is commonly stained to accenuate the grain and accepts finishes well. Paper-backed veneer is a real wood veneer permanently bonded to a paper backing. This backing is applied to keep intact the individual wood veneers used to make up the full width of the sheet. A four foot wide paper-backed veneer consists of multiple veneers glued together side by side. The backing also minimizes seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood caused by changes in ambient humidity.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Red Oak
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Flat Cut
- Backing Type: 10 Mil Paper
- (1) Red Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 10 Mil Paperbacked
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Articles & Blogs
Really good product
I found that it was easiest to cut with kitchen shears.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158808