DrillMate Portable Drill Guide
See Price in Cart
Price too low to show!
Drill straight holes all the time! With the Milescraft DrillMate® you can drill straight or angled holes, drill on the edge of a board or even round stock. The drive shank attaches to your 3/8" or 1/2" power drill while the keyed output chuck works with most 3/8" drill accessories. The...
Items You May Need
- Self-centering drill guide base allows for drilling accurate angles and depths
- Adjustable depth stop for drilling holes to a precise depth
- V-groove for drilling on round stock
- Easy to read scale permanently cast into aluminum base
- Drill stand base is formed for exact centering on round or flat edges
- Non-slip TPE feet prevent slipping and marring on the work surface
- Mounting holes for mounting with screws when needed
- Spring action controls the rate of drill penetration and return
- Plunge rods interlock with metal base for secure angle drilling
- Auxiliary handle for controlled movement
- Material: Metal and plastic
- Keyed Chuck: 3/8" (compatible with most 3/8" drill accessories)
- 3/8" Chuck Thread: 3/8" x 24 thread
- Spindle Shaft Diameter: .47"
- Spindle Shaft Length: 3.66"
- Drill Bit Clearance: Maximum 7.50"
- Base Dimensions: 5.5" x 4.25"
- Base Opening: 3.50"
- Compatiblity: drive shank attaches to your 3/8" or 1/2" power drill
- Fixed Angle Settings: 45°, 60°, 75° and 90°
- (1) Milescraft - DrillMate Portable Drill Guide
- Not intended for use with impact drivers or hammer drills.
Worked great for drilling bench dog holes
Worked great for drilling bench dog holes. Used it to drill a bunch of dog holes on my bench top. 30" x 6 ' x 2" thick Hard Maple top. Kept me straight.
It is a well built accessory and a great value for the price. Another reviewer wrote that friction is a problem which lubing did not resolve. I also encountered friction out of the box which made downward motion of the press somewhat awkward and difficult to control. I used the same gear grease (Lewmar), which I use on my boat winches to fix this. Only a light coat was required to permit smooth, even downward and upward movement of the press.
OK for the Price
Must say this is a neat piece for the price. If it is screwed down to the surface it works ok. It is unusable like shown in some of the pictures where it is not bolted down. Problem is there is so much binding with the plastic bushings on the metal posts that you have to use a decent amount of force to move the drill up and down. The binding is so bad that if you push the slide all the way down(will no drill attached) it will not move even and inch back up on its own spring pressure. Tried lubing the bushings and it didnt help at all. Overall if you dont have room for a drill press this thing will work. Just dont expect smooth operation of the slide.
BIG GATOR TOOLSItem 154758
BIG GATOR TOOLSItem 158980