Woodcraft Woodshop - Mesquite, Black - 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12"
Save 40% Now Through December 31, 2021
Items You May Need
Item 151124Model 151124W
Item 845855Model MesquiteBlk3x3x12
Item 151144Model MesquiteBlk6x6x2
Item 151167Model MesquiteBlk2x2x12
Item 841557Model MesquiteBlk PB5
Item 841817Model T86-152
Item 158373Model Canarywood 1.5x12
Black Mesquite (Prosopis nigra) is a heavy hardwood that ranges from rich brown to chocolate with purple overtones in color with a grain structure resembling mahogany. Mesquite's hardness, figure and interlocking grain may pose a challenge for chisels and planes, although the wood scrapes and turns well. With patience mesquite can be brought to a high pre-finish polish. Common uses include boxes, gun stocks, knife handles, bows, turned objects and furniture.
- Rich brown to chocolate with purple overtones
- Grain structure resembles mahogany
- Glues, turns, and finishes well
- Native to Argentina, South America
- Thickness: 1-1/2""
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 12"
- (1) Black Mesquite - 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 12" Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.