Pinnacle - Matched Chip Breaker and Blade Set, 1-3/4"W for Stanley Handplanes #3 and #5-1/4
Revive your Antique Stanley/Bailey hand plane with these premium Blade and Chipbreaker Sets. Premier quality A-2 Pinnacle/IBC blades have been matched with an innovative chipbreaker design that can...
Item 150893Model RBMS-0384
Item 150813Model RBMS-0395
Item 150814Model RBMS-0396
Item 153918Model 153918W
Item 150063Model RBBE-0340
Item 153919Model 153919W
Item 153917Model 153917W
Item 150062Model RBBE-0336
Item 150052Model RBBL-0318
- Razor Sharp - “Out Of The Box”
- 0.140” Thick A-2 Tool Steel
- Double Tempered To 60-62 HRc
- Fully Stress Relieved
- Cryogenically Treated and Air Hardened
- Fully Demagnetized
- Precision Ground Top/Bottom
- Precision Ground/Hand Polished Sides
- Ships with Micro-Thin, Water-Soluble Rust Inhibitor
Cosman Chipbreaker Specification:
- 0.125” Thick O-1 Tool Steel
- Hardened to 30-32HRc l
- Precision machined, sharpened mating edge l
- Precision Matched - Ground and Serialized to each Blade l
- Revolutionary Blade Adjuster Tabs l
- Precision ground hand polished edges l
- Flat to 0.0005” across leading edge
I got this for a inexpensive #3 hand plane that I couldn't give away, now it performs as good as one of my premium hand planes. Was told they will be coming out with one for the #8, I will definitely be purchasing that one as well! Is the best possible upgrade for any hand plane.
Didn't work for me.
My #3 plane the screw that holds lever cap on was too short for the thicker blade & chipbreaker. I couldn't find a longer screw at the hardware store, standard or metric.