Pinnacle - Matched Chip Breaker and Blade Set, 1-3/4"W for Stanley Handplanes #3 and #5-1/4
Revive your Antique Stanley/Bailey hand plane with these premium Blade and Chipbreaker Sets. Premier quality A-2 Pinnacle/IBC blades have been matched with an innovative chipbreaker design that can...
Item 150053Model RBBL-0320
Item 153918Model 153918W
Item 04B35Model BL162
Item 153919Model 153919W
- Razor Sharp - “Out Of The Box”
- 0.140” Thick A-2 Tool Steel
- Double Tempered To 60-62 HRc
- Fully Stress Relieved
- Cryogenically Treated and Air Hardened
- Fully Demagnetized
- Precision Ground Top/Bottom
- Precision Ground/Hand Polished Sides
- Ships with Micro-Thin, Water-Soluble Rust Inhibitor
Cosman Chipbreaker Specification:
- 0.125” Thick O-1 Tool Steel
- Hardened to 30-32HRc l
- Precision machined, sharpened mating edge l
- Precision Matched - Ground and Serialized to each Blade l
- Revolutionary Blade Adjuster Tabs l
- Precision ground hand polished edges l
- Flat to 0.0005” across leading edge
Got this blade to replace the original stanley blade spent about an hour filling the mouth of my plane to fit this blade but it improved the plane substantially worth it 100%
I got this for a inexpensive #3 hand plane that I couldn't give away, now it performs as good as one of my premium hand planes. Was told they will be coming out with one for the #8, I will definitely be purchasing that one as well! Is the best possible upgrade for any hand plane.
Didn't work for me.
My #3 plane the screw that holds lever cap on was too short for the thicker blade & chipbreaker. I couldn't find a longer screw at the hardware store, standard or metric.