Matched 1-3/4" Chip Breaker and Blade Set for WoodRiver #3 and Lie-Nielsen Handplanes #3, #5-1/4
Performance begins with the blade. IBC blades are the best kept secret in the industry and as they continue their quest for perfection, they realized that better blades deserved a better...
- Razor Sharp – “Out Of The Box”
- A-2 Tool Steel, Double Tempered To 60-62 HRc
- Fully Stress Relieved and Air Hardened
- Cryogenically Treated
- Fully Demagnetized
- Precision Ground Top/Bottom
- Precision Ground/Hand Polished Sides
- Ships with Micro-Thin, Water Soluble Rust Inhibitor
- O-1 Steel
- Hardened to 30-32HRc
- Precision machined and sharpened mating edge
- Precision Matched - Ground and Serialized to each Blade
- Revolutionary Blade Adjuster Tabs
- Precision ground polished edges
- Flat to 0.0005” across leading edge
David Charlesworth says, "The Pinnacle matched blade/breaker is the best prepared that I have seen. The chipbreaker is outstanding and a few strokes on each surface will perfect it. Blade flatness and finish are excellent so the total preparation time is minimal. With proper tuning and sole flattening results should be comparable to premium modern planes. The benefit of this set is the reduced preparation time and the ability to fit a thick blade to a Stanley. This option has not been available before.
I have been tuning up old Stanley planes for over 30 years. We have even salvaged planes from before 1910. Tremendous satisfaction can be had from reviving and using an old heirloom."