Maple Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 10 Mil Paper Backed
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Maple wood veneer is sometimes referred to as hard maple or white maple. Maple has a creamy white to light yellow wood that ages to a deep...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Maple wood veneer is sometimes referred to as hard maple or white maple. Maple has a creamy white to light yellow wood that ages to a deep pale gold color. Maple is a dense hardwood, relatively easy to work with and strong. It has a smooth texture and tight uniform grain. It will accept stains and finishes well but is often finished with a clear coat that preserves the warmth and accentuates the color and beauty of the wood’s natural grain. Paper-backed veneer is a real wood veneer permanently bonded to a paper backing. This backing is applied to keep intact the individual wood veneers used to make up the full width of the sheet. A four foot wide paper-backed veneer consists of multiple veneers glued together side by side. The backing also minimizes seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood caused by changes in ambient humidity.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Maple
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Flat Cut
- Backing Type: 10 Mil Paper
- (1) Maple Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 10 Mil Paper Backed
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Articles & Blogs
During last year’s WoodExpo 2011 at the New England Home Show, we featured a blog on Kevin Mack Fine Furniture. Kevin is located in Malden, Massachusetts and can also be found online at
www.kevinmackfinefurniture.net. The Mack attack is back at the 2012 show with 5 new fantastic entries showing off his creativity and woodworking expertise. The main goal for all 5 pieces was to create 3 color tones in each piece.
Good product...would use again!
I used it to refinish interior doors. Stain absorbed quickly and got darker than expected...so ended up wiping off stain immediately. Otherwise good product with great results!