Woodcraft Woodshop - Stabilized & Double Dyed Maple Burl Pen Blank - 3/4" x 3/4" x 5" - Pink & Blue
These Maple Burl pen blanks have been hand selected for the highest quality and figure, dyed twice with contrasting colors, and stabilized. The stabilization process improves on Mother Nature by...
Item 157762Model Maple Burl DD R/Y PB
Item 157764Model Maple Burl DD O/B PB
Item 149695Model PAR MBE001.5
Item 154449Model P89-191
Item 130653Model PAR THY001
Item 153971Model P89-345
Item 152942Model PAR MC001.5
Item 153229Model 3/4X3/4X5
Item 123669Model P88-341
Item 846376Model Redheart PB 5pc
These Maple Burl pen blanks have been hand selected for the highest quality and figure, dyed twice with contrasting colors, and stabilized. The stabilization process improves on Mother Nature by infusing the blanks with an acrylic resin. This virtually eliminates the biggest problem with burl turnings: checking and cracking due to expansion or contraction. The finished product has a remarkably satiny texture, vibrant grain and a surface with a brilliant and durable shine. The burl structure will not dye uniformly, so the turning process will expose layer after layer of unique patterns and contrasting shades of the same range of colors.
- Premium burls, stabilized and dyed twice with contrasting colors
- Resin stabilizes the wood, beautifies the grain, and improves turning properties
- Stabilized pen blanks turn and finish like acrylics or plastics
- Stabilized wood blanks can achieve a high polish and are resistant to water, oils, and most solvents
- Resin fills the cells of the wood rendering a relatively stable blank, which practically eliminates checking or cracking due to expansion or contraction
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3/4"
- Length: 5"
- (1) Stabilized & Double Dyed Maple Burl Pen Blank - 3/4" x 3/4" x 5" - Pink and Blue