Maple - 1/8" x 3/4" x 16"
Cutting Boards are a classic woodworking project and an especially useful gift. We have removed some of the steps and waste by milling the stock for you. All you need to do is select the wood, arrange it in your own pattern, glue, clamp and sand. All of the cutting board slats have been...
Maple (Acer saccharum) sapwood color ranges from nearly white, to an off-white cream color, sometimes with a reddish or golden hue. The heartwood tends to be a darker reddish brown. Fairly easy to work with both hand and machine tools. Maple has a tendency to burn when being machined with high-speed cutters such as in a router. Turns, glues, and finishes well, though blotches can occur when staining, and a pre-conditioner, gel stain, or toner may be necessary to get an even color. Common uses include flooring (from basketball courts and dance floors to bowling alleys and residential), veneer, pulpwood, musical instruments, cutting boards, butcher blocks, workbenches, baseball bats, turned objects and specialty wood items.
- Few woods are as beautifully clear (no knots), close- and straight-grained as maple
- Fairly easy to work with both hand and machine tools
- Turns, glues and finishes well
- Native to eastern North America
- Thickness: 1/8"
- Width: 3/4"
- Length: 16"
- (1) Maple - 1/8" x 3/4" x 16" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Articles & Blogs
Picture Perfect Jewelry Organizer 2.0
One way to upcycle old, ornate picture frames is to upcycle them into fun jewelry organizers. This afternoon project can accommodate most types of earrings, including fish hook, post, hoop and wire. Get some ideas here and make your own!
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158582
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158558
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W02
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158574
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W01
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 50W03
Mahogany, African - 1/8" x 3/4" x 16"Item 158562
Purpleheart - 1/8" x 3/4" x 16"Item 158567
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158894
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 158565