Maple - 1/4" x 1-1/2" x 16"
Maple (Acer saccharum) sapwood color ranges from nearly white, to an off-white cream color, sometimes with a reddish or golden hue. The heartwood tends to be a darker reddish brown. Fairly easy to work with both hand and machine tools. Maple has a tendency to burn when being machined...
Cutting Boards are a classic woodworking project and an especially useful gift. We have removed some of the steps and waste by milling the stock for you. All you need to do is select the wood, arrange it in your own pattern, glue, clamp and sand. All of the cutting board slats have been milled all four sides and should need no additional machining before glue-up. Using these slats it is easy to create cutting boards, cheese boards, trivets etc., and an excellent way to start a segmented bowl.
- Few woods are as beautifully clear (no knots), close- and straight-grained as maple
- Fairly easy to work with both hand and machine tools
- Turns, glues and finishes well
- Native to eastern North America
- Thickness: 1/4"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Length: 16"
- (1) Maple - 1/4" x 1-1/2" x 16" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.