Maple Thin Stock Pack - 1/2" Thick - 2 Square Foot
Maple (Acer saccharum) sapwood color ranges from nearly white, to an off-white cream color, sometimes with a reddish or golden hue. The heartwood tends to be a darker reddish brown. Fairly easy to work with both hand and machine tools. Maple has a tendency to burn when being machined...
These premium grade hardwoods are ideal for scroll sawing, intarsia, jewelry boxes, and a variety of other projects. Offered in convenient packs of 2 sq. ft. with random widths (3" to 9"), all with a 24" nominal length. Rough sanded and ready for use, these assortments eliminate hours of material preparation and allow more time for finishing your projects.
- Few woods are as beautifully clear (no knots), close- and straight-grained as maple
- Fairly easy to work with both hand and machine tools
- Turns, glues and finishes well
- Native to eastern North America
- Thickness: 1/2"
- Width: 3" to 9" (random)
- Length (nominal): 24"
- (1) Maple Thin Stock Pack - 1/2" Thick - 2 Square Foot
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827949
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827938
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827925
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827920
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827928
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827926
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827921
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827937
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827950
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827931