Woodcraft Woodshop - Mango, Figured Pen Blanks - 3/4" x 3/4" x 5" - 5 Piece
Mango (Mangifera indica) is commonly known as Hawaiian Mango because of spalting, which is often present, and it can contain a myriad of colors. Normally heartwood is golden brown, while yellow,...
Item 171868Model Mango 1-1/2x1-1/2x24
Item 150257Model 5# TURNING ASSORT.#2
Item 131185Model 32 PEN BLANKS
Item 167936Model Q060
Item 166075Model AS256
Item 163916Model M003
Item 161535Model P89-195
Item 846376Model Redheart PB 5pc
Item 813772Model 500ML
Mango (Mangifera indica) is commonly known as Hawaiian Mango because of spalting, which is often present, and it can contain a myriad of colors. Normally heartwood is golden brown, while yellow, streaks of pink and black can also occur. Paler sapwood is not always clearly defined. Curly or mottled grain patterns are commonly found as well. Grain can be straight or interlocked with a medium to coarse texture and a good natural luster. Tear-out is common when machining interlocked or wild grain. Mango has a fairly high silica content that readily dulls cutting edges. Common uses for Mango include furniture, ukuleles, veneer, plywood, turned objects, and flooring.
- Known much more widely for its fruit, Mango trees also yield beautiful and valuable lumber
- Eco-friendly, as many Mango plantations harvest the trees for lumber after they have completed their useful fruit-bearing lifespan
- Glues and finishes well with a natural luster
- Native to Tropical Asia and Oceania
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3/4"
- Length: 5"
- (5) Figured Mango Pen Blanks - 3/4" x 3/4" x 5"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.