Making Your Own Mead
by Brian Acton and Peter Duncan Mead is enjoying a renaissance in popularity. Once the drink of choice for Viking marauders and medieval kings, the “nectar of the gods” is easy to make at home...
by Brian Acton and Peter Duncan
Mead is enjoying a renaissance in popularity. Once the drink of choice for Viking marauders and medieval kings, the “nectar of the gods” is easy to make at home using just honey, water and yeast. This practical guidebook will inspire you to take up the craft, with a basic guide to mead making techniques plus 42 recipes for making the world''s oldest alcoholic beverage.
The Complete Guide to Making Mead shows you how to brew an array of tasty mead variations, by blending honey with herbs, spices, fruits, berries, and more. But just because mead is made from honey doesn’t mean it has to be sweet. Versatile mead can be dry as a bone or seductively sweet, sparkling or still, fruity or spicy.
Discover how to make different types of mead like fruit-flavored melomels, grape-based pyments, spiced metheglins, and apple cysers. You’ll also find recipes for mixing up your mead in classic drinks, like a honey bishop or a twelfth night wassail.
Inside you’ll find:
- 42 recipes for making dry and sweet meads, Queen Elizabeth’s mead, ale mead, and more
- Mead-making tips for honey selection, preparation and fermentation
- The basic rules that every mead-maker must observe
- Advice on mead-making equipment
- How to brew melomel, pyment, hippocras, metheglin, and cyser
- Classic mead drinks and mulled drinks with honey
- 64 pg.
- Soft cover
- ISBN: 978-1-56523-783-4
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 2-4 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for return details. After 30 days, you will be charged a 25% restock fee. Customer pays return freight.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
For damaged/defective shipments, contact Fox Chapel’s customer service @ 717-560-4703 ext. 42.