Mahogany Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 10 MIL Paper Backed
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Mahogany has a pinkish brown to reddish brown color. This African hardwood of medium density is easy to work with and strong, with a...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Mahogany has a pinkish brown to reddish brown color. This African hardwood of medium density is easy to work with and strong, with a moderately coarse texture, slightly porous grain and consistent color. Mahogany wood veneer will accept stains and finishes well but is most often finished with a clear coat that preserves the warmth and accentuates the color and beauty of the wood’s natural grain. Paper-backed veneer is a real wood veneer permanently bonded to a paper backing. This backing is applied to keep intact the individual wood veneers used to make up the full width of the sheet. A four foot wide paper-backed veneer consists of multiple veneers glued together side by side. The backing also minimizes seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood caused by changes in ambient humidity.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Mahogany
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Flat Cut
- Backing Type: 10 MIL Paper
- (1) Mahogany Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - 10 MIL Paper Backed
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.