Woodcraft Woodshop - Mahogany, Genuine - 2" x 2" x 36"
Honduran Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla) is also known as Tropical Mahogany, South American Mahogany, Caoba and Chiculte. It is planted throughout the whole of the tropics as a sustainable forest...
Item 166199Model T51-663
Item 153989Model T51-312
Item 50W61Model PAR AM013.30
Item 158236Model Mahogany Afr 4x4x8
Item 166196Model L51-125
Item 166197Model L51-135
Item 158269Model Mahog Af PM Predrill
Honduran Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla) is also known as Tropical Mahogany, South American Mahogany, Caoba and Chiculte. It is planted throughout the whole of the tropics as a sustainable forest crop, and is widely available. It has a short grain which grows in a swirling pattern. The shortness of the grain makes it perfect for carving, turning, and other woodworking. It cuts beautifully without chipping, works a lot like Walnut, being approximately the same weight as Walnut. It sands, glues and finishes well. There are few woods as beautiful or as pleasant to work. Common uses for Honduran Mahogany include furniture, cabinetry, turned objects, veneers, musical instruments, boatbuilding, and carving.
- Short grain which grows in a swirling pattern
- Perfect for carving, turning and woodworking
- Finishes to a luxurious red-gold sheen
- Native to the area extending from Southern Mexico to central South America
- Thickness: 2"
- Width: 2"
- Length: 36"
- (1) Mahogany, Genuine - 2" x 2" x 36" - Turning Stock
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.