Mahogany, African - 1/4" x 3/4" x 16"
African Mahogany (Khaya spp.) offers lovers of "Genuine Mahogany" an affordable alternative within the Khaya genus. The heartwood is a light pink-brown that darkens when cut to a reddish brown. It has a medium to coarse texture and a straight to interlocked grain, which can yield a...
Cutting Boards are a classic woodworking project and an especially useful gift. We have removed some of the steps and waste by milling the stock for you. All you need to do is select the wood, arrange it in your own pattern, glue, clamp and sand. All of the cutting board slats have been milled all four sides and should need no additional machining before glue-up. Using these slats it is easy to create cutting boards, cheese boards, trivets etc., and an excellent way to start a segmented bowl.
- A valid substitute for Honduran Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla), otherwise known as “Genuine Mahogany”
- Premier carving wood, machines well, excellent for turning
- Easy to work, glue, and finish
- Native to West tropical Africa
- Thickness: 1/4"
- Width: 3/4"
- Length: 16"
- (1) African Mahogany - 1/4" x 3/4" x 16" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827930
Woodcraft WoodshopItem 827941