Mahogany, Genuine - 3/4" x 3" x 24"
Genuine Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla) is also known as Honduran Mahogany, South American Mahogany, Caoba and Chiculte. It is planted throughout the whole of the tropics as a sustainable forest crop, and is widely available. It has a short grain which grows in a swirling pattern. The...
- Short grain which grows in a swirling pattern
- Perfect for carving, turning and woodworking
- Finishes to a luxurious red-gold sheen
- Native to the area extending from Southern Mexico to central South America
- Thickness: 3/4"
- Width: 3"
- Length: 24"
- (1) Genuine Mahogany - 3/4" x 3 x 24" - Dimensional Lumber
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut from quality, kiln-dried stock. The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Larger blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of the listed size.
- Smaller blocks are sawn to +/- 1/8" of the listed size.
- Spindle stock, or stock that is 1-1/2" - 2" wide is sawn to +/-1/8" of the listed size.