Laguna - Laguna 8" Wedgebed Jointer with ShearTec II
Flat Shipping Fee of $75.00
This item is out of stock with the manufacturer. Order now for an early June shipment.
Items You May Need
Item 855619Model MPLAN2010-0130
Item 847462Model PCS31230-TGP236
Item 417661Model MJOIN8020
Item 417662Model MJOIN12X86-5-1
Item 849439Model MJOIN6100-0130
Item 838342Model 1610082
Item 850812Model MPLAN1510-0130
Item 843948Model 1610086K
Item 855619Model MPLAN2010-0130
Item 830127Model 1610079
The Laguna ShearTec II is at the cutting edge of Spiral Cutterhead technology today. Deep gullets allow chips to exit fast and keep the head clean. The inserts are made from thicker solid German carbide and set into the head on a flat surface rather than a cone design. This allows more torque to be used when tightening the inserts. All of the inserts are slightly angled to give a shear type cut with low impact & less kick-back action. The leading edge is crowned to minimize lines appearing.
Laguna ShearTec II heads are all 6 row while most competitors’ heads offer just 3 or 4 rows. There are a host of benefits associated from the additional rows: More carbide inserts, longer life, less noise and vibration, less kick-back, and a smoother finish.
- Motor: 1 Ph, 220V, 2 HP TEFC
- Model Number: MJOIN8012-0130
- Cutter Head RPM: 5600
- Cutter Head: 6 Row ShearTec II with four-sided carbide knife inserts
- Cutter Head Diameter: 3"
- Adjustment: Wedge-Bed with Crank
- Max Width: 8"
- Max Depth: 1/2"
- Rabbeting Capacity: 1/2"
- Bed Length: 75”
- Table Height: 32"
- Fence Dimensions: 38” L x 4-5/8” H
- Fence Tilt: 45 degrees, 90 and 45 Positive Stop
- Built-in wheel system
- Dust Port: 4”
- Weight: 510lbs.
ShearTec II replacement knives are available, but sold separately (WC# 417656).
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in approximately 7-14 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
- Liftgate and Residential Delivery is covered with the excess weight fee, and the freight company will call the day before delivery to set up a time at no charge to you.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
New woodworking machines sold by Laguna Tools carry a two-year warranty effective from the date of shipping. Laguna bandsaw blades' welds are backed by their 1-yr manufacturer's warranty. Machines sold through dealers must be registered with Laguna Tools within 30 days of purchase to be covered by this warranty. Laguna Tools guarantees all new machine sold to be free of manufacturers’ defective workmanship, parts and materials. Laguna Tools will repair or replace, without charge, any parts determined by Laguna Tools, Inc. to be a manufacturer’s defect. They require that the defective item/part be returned to Laguna Tools with the complaint. In the event the item/part is determined to be damaged due to lack of maintenance, cleaning or misuse/abuse, the customer will be responsible for the cost to replace the item/part, plus all related shipping charges.
For warranty repair information, call 1-800-332-4094.