Jet - Oscillating Drum Sander Kit with Closed Stand, Model 22-44
Oscillating feature reduces heat build-up on sanding belt to reduce loading and burningInfinitely variable-feed control produces the ultimate finish at a rate from 0 to 10 feet per minutePatented...
You May Also Like
Item 835285Model 1791315
Item 161680Model SUPMX-60-4150
- Oscillating feature reduces heat build-up on sanding belt to reduce loading and burning
- Infinitely variable-feed control produces the ultimate finish at a rate from 0 to 10 feet per minute
- Patented conveyor belt TRACKERS™ dramatically reduce the need for manual belt adjustments
- Sealed and permanently lubricated drum ball bearings for longer life
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed and no-give power feed belt provide a constant smooth sanding action for better results
- Adjustable drum height and downward pressure feature virtually eliminates snipe
- Large cast-iron handwheel adjusts height at 3/32" per turn for precise sanding thickness control
- Patented abrasive take-up fasteners make changing abrasives quick and easy
- Depth gauge has locking stop to ensure accuracy
- On/off switch with overload protection is front-mounted for operator's convenience
- One feed and one drive motor for superior sanding control
- Continuous-duty, 1-3/4HP motor is designed for heavier use for longer periods of time
- Our EXCLUSIVE SandSmart™ infinitely variable-feed control produces the ultimate finish at a rate from 0 to 10 feet per minute and prevents machine overload
- 1" of oscillating stroke
- Amps : 9
- Conveyor Motor : Yes
- Conveyor Speed (SFPM) : 0 to 10
- Drum Diameter (in) : 5
- Drum Length (in) : 22
- Drum Speed (RPM) : 1700
- Dust Port Diameter (OD/in) : 4
- Height (in): 15
- Length (in): 46.6
- Maximum Board Thickness (in) : 4
- Maximum Board Width (in) : 44
- Minimum Board Length (in) : 2-1/4
- Minimum Board Thickness (in) : 1/32
- Model Number : 22-44OSC-CS
- Motor HP : 1-3/4
- Motor Phase : 1
- Motor Voltage : 115
- Net Weight : 336 lb
- Part Number : 659006K
- Prewired : 115V
- Width (in): 23.5
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Nice Tools to have
Bought this in store, but they didn't have any in stock, but the floor model. I usually don't buy floor models, but really needed to sand some face frames and drawer parts that would have taken me several days to sand down to proper thickness and finish. Once I got this set up it only took a few hours? Setup: ITS HEAVY. Mobility was going to be essential (see below for a quick and effective solution). The bed tracks well once I fine tuned it. The unit was on the store floor for at least 4 years so who know what the joe public had twisted and tweaked. Not much. there isn't much to this unit and its pretty straight forward. The dust chute cover is made of plastic and could be stouter to connect the dust hose, but the dust collection is great and a simple shop made bracket should fix the torque on the dust collection fitting. Sand paper is a tad spendy for precut, and it did take me a little to figure the orientation of the precut rolls out of their box. don't know why Jet would roll them backwards?!?! But I figured it out. I didn't want such a large unit, but I really wanted to the oscillation feature that isn't there eon any other unit that I could find. The base has a huge amount of storage underneath and a shelf would have been a nice/logical addition. I have only had this a few days and find myself using it more and more for all kinds of tasks that would have normally been done on the table saw or joiner/planer. And the pieces come out sanded and ready for glue, and a very slight 320gr sanding. I have s small shop and mobility was going to be needed so I bought 4 of the 3" double locking plate casters from woodcraft and the cavity underneath the base is almost perfect height of a 4" material. I had some 8"x4" handy and cut to rough length to go across the end of each end of the cabinet. I marked the profile of the outside cabinet onto the wood and then shrunk the line by the width of the base lip. Cut to the line on the bandsaw and then cut each end piece in 1/2 (length wise (to allow fitting it under the cabinet lip)now you have 4 corner pieces). Set each piece in its corner (under the lip) as well as you can and mark the lip the top of each corner piece. Take it to a spindle or belt/disc sander and fine tune the fit. mark the outline of the piece to the underside of the cabinet and mark your holes and drill thru the bottom of the cabinet. Since the cabinet is upside down you can use some 14/1/5 Lags to secure the wood corner piece to the cabinet. 4 holes for the caster and lag those in and your in business. Caster protrude (when rotated right) outside the base cabinet and can easily be locked for work.
Very nice machine
This sander is very well built. Assembly was easy and straightforward except for the weight of the sanding head. It required a come along to lift it onto the base. Once assembled it worked beautifully. Easy adjustment of the drive belt. Sanding belt loosens some initially but is easily retightened. Very nice heavy machine. Very easy to use. The oscillation is the way to go. I leave mine in oscillating mode all the time.
Overall, very satisfied
I bought this oscillating model with the 10% coupon [...] The assembly was easy with the exception of the sanding unit needing 4 people to lift it safely. I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the paint on the stand and the amount of storage space inside.I tried a few pieces with and without oscillation and could very easily tell with 36, 80, and 120 grit which pieces used the oscillation. Without oscillation you have sanding marks that run the length of your piece. With oscillation you still have marks but they are no longer than 1/2". I was having buyer's remorse before I used the oscillation but all of it instantly went away when I saw the difference.The instructions say the drum alignment is set from the factory so I trusted it. However, I don't think this takes into account any variation introduced when you install the conveyor belt. Take the extra couple minutes to align the drum if you are going to sand wide stuff. My first project was a 39"x39" wide shelf of plywood that turned out with a fantastic finish considering the material, except it had ridges down the middle because I didn't align the drum. It's very easy to align so take the extra few minutes and you will have a much more pleasant first experience.Cons:The lid and latch over the drum is made of a strong plastic but it fits poorly and the latch is ultra cheesy. You need an arm to come over the drum to hold your dust collector hose so it doesn't rub the belt. You will start using it and wish you also ordered the infeed and outfeed tables.
This is just what I've been waiting for
For a small shop I really needed casters, but that was an easy fix.
This machine delivers !
I am extremely please with the function of this sander,it really exceeded my expectations...the dust control is excellent ,I think that a hand sander produces more dust than this machine...last night I run a table top thru it in it came out perfect after about four passes in about 10 minutes. You can't beat it.
Great Drum Sander but not Perfect
Machine was quieter than expected, also dust collection was better than I expected. Belt tracking is excellent and easy to adjust if needed. My only issue was the curved base made adding a mobile base difficult and no option for adding wheels the cabinet seems to weak to add your on casters at the corners.
This Machine is worth every penny
I use this machine in my shop, everyday. After planing my boards through the planer, a couple passes through this sander, and they are ready for my cabinets, with very minor touch ups with a palm sander.
I purchased a Jet 22-44 OSC from Woodcraft right after it was introduced in 2008. Now it's January 2010, and I just assembled the machine. Tonight I sanded a 20" long x 10" wide scale model walnut table top that I had edge joined from separate boards that I had previously jointed and then planed. The Jet sander eliminated the uneven joints and created a uniform thickness to the boards. I haven't yet tried using the machine for final sanding, but I expect it'll do an equally excellent job at that task. I'm completely amazed and pleased with my Jet 22-44 OSC.