Jet - Benchtop 6" x 48" Belt / 9" Disc Sander, 3/4HP, 1Ph, 115V, Model JSG-96
The unique JSG-96 Benchtop Sander combines a 9" disc and 6" x 48" belt for workshop versatility. While small and compact, the JSG-96 offers industrial 3/4 HP power while taking up a small footprint...
Item 818987Model 708597K
Item 816032Model 708598K
Item 815485Model 708599K
Item 811138Model 708599
Item 861425Model 50-122
Item 823894Model 1791291K
The unique JSG-96 Benchtop Sander combines a 9" disc and 6" x 48" belt for workshop versatility. While small and compact, the JSG-96 offers industrial 3/4 HP power while taking up a small footprint on your bench. A quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy while a quick-lock dust cover allows fast disc changes.
- Large cast iron table has preset stops at 90° and 45° to let you use the belt sander vertically, horizontally or anywhere in between
- EXCLUSIVE dual thumbscrew belt tracking adjustment locks to keep belt on track during use
- Graphite covered steel platen runs cooler increasing machine and belt life
- Specially designed belt guard allows full use of the 6" belt width and length
- Drive drum is rubber-coated for a better grip on the sanding belt resulting in less slippage
- Tracking adjustment knob with quick-lock handle keeps belt on track during use
- Quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy
- Quick-lock dust cover allows fast disc changes
- Single 4" dust port on the back of the base collects dust effectively from both the belt and disc
- Powerful 3/4HP motor easily handles the toughest sanding operations
- Built-in handles for easier portability
- Amps : 11
- Belt Size (L x W/in) : 48 x 6
- Belt Speed (SFPM) : 2258
- Belt Table Size (L x W/in) : 11 x 5-1/2
- Belt Table Tilt (deg.) : 10 up, 45 down
- Disc Diameter (in) : 9
- Disc Speed (RPM) : 1725
- Disc Table Size (L x W/in) : 12 x 7-1/2
- Disc Table Tilt (deg.) : 10 up, 45 down
- Dust Port Diameter (OD/in) : 4
- Height : 16.1 (in)
- Length : 28.2 (in)
- Motor HP : 3/4HP
- Motor Phase : 1Ph
- Motor Voltage : 115V
- Net Weight : 100 pound
- Overall Dimensions : 16 x 29 x 28-1/2
- Part Number : 708595
- Prewired : 115V
- Width : 24.9 (in)
- Shipping weight 131 lb.
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
A lot power
When it was time for a proper bench sander I opted to spend more in order to avoid the issues others have had with lesser brands. It bears noting that Jet's JSG-96 is at the bottom of their line, but even so it has spared me all of the problems cited by others with their Delta, Craftsman, Rikon, etc. Underpowered tools that won't adjust to square are common, but I've not experienced any difficulties of this nature with the JSG-96. Results meet expectations, and if they do not the problem is unfailing one of obvious operator error and is easily corrected. Warning, even at only 3/4 horse this tool will eat everything when outfitted with low-grit belts or discs; a nice touch for shaping and when rounding edges, but not so nice for knuckles and finger tips. Negatives associated with this tool are not overwhelming, but you'll want to take them into consideration. First, there's price. For the money you could almost buy two of the lesser brands and then just muddle through with their aggravating limitations and, honestly, if money had been more of an issue I might have done just that. Belt tracking with this tool is good but short of perfect. Despite my close attention I inadvertently trim one of every few belts down from 6 to 5 inches. All's well that ends well, but it's not fun to watch ten dollars of belt inexplicably jump to the side and then vaporize. Finally, the base of this tool is plastic. Maybe this really is a benefit, especially for those who must rotate tools from storage to stand, but I'm nervous enough about the long-term prospects that I've mounted my tool to a plywood base and then do my lifting from there. Whether or not one should select the JSG-96 depends upon a couple of factors. No question that this is a very good and stout tool (from the base up, at least; that plastic base still causes me to wince a little). I'm a busy and ambitious hobbyist and after the hours I've logged it's clear that this little monster will outlive me. On the other hand there's the matter of having 'too much' sander and then paying for it. I'll bet that even the amateur with a steady stream of overlapping projects could make do with something less, but then this tool is a pleasure to use and to own.