JWDS-1632 16-32 Drum Sander
Experience the Jet 16-32 Drum Sander upgrade and achieve an effortless finish! The innovative tool-less parallelism system keeps adjustments simple. The worktable is easily positioned by a turn of the parallelism dial. The variable-speed rate permits you to choose the optimal feed rate...
Items You May Need
The innovative tool-less parallelism system keeps adjustments simple. The worktable is easily positioned by a turn of the parallelism dial. The variable-speed rate permits you to choose the optimal feed rate for a full range of projects, while the Sandsmart feature continuously monitors the load on the drum motor to prevent an overload situation.
- Sandsmart control continuously monitors the load on the drum motor and automatically regulates the speed of the conveyor motor to maintain the highest feed rate without overload
- Conveyor bed parallelism is easily adjusted by turning the dial on the outside of the bed - no tools required
- Parallelism adjust dial features a stop to quickly return the conveyor bed to a flat position
- Dust hood includes an integrated channel that mirrors the shape of the drum and directs chips and dust to the 4 collection port
- Precision-machined and dynamically balanced extruded aluminum drum is designed to dissipate heat and protect the work surface from heat-damage
- Die cast drum carriage design is optimized for rigidity to provide years of consistent quality
- Precision-flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed
- Redesigned conveyor system pulls the workpiece through the sander instead of pushing
- One rotation of the top-position handwheel adjusts the drum height by 1/16
- The relative depth scale on the handwheel allows the user to reset and measure the depth for every project
- Infinitely variable speed control of up to 10 feet per minute allows the user to choose the optimal feed rate
- Toolless abrasive take-up clips make changing abrasives quick and easy
- Snipe is virtually eliminated thanks to the adjustable tension rollers that apply downward pressure to the workpiece
- Separate feed and drum motors provide independent control, optimizing the performance of the sander
- Conveyor belt TRACKERS reduce the need for manual belt adjustments
- Motor: 115V, 1PH, 1-1/2HP, 14 Amp (recommended 20 Amp circuit)
- Conveyor Motor: 43 in-lb torque, direct drive, DC
- Coveyor Speed: 0-10 FPM
- Drum Speed: 1720 RPM
- Drum Size: 5" Diameter x 16" L
- Board Thickness: 1/32" - 3"
- Maximum Board Width: 32" in two passes
- Minimum Board Length: 2-3/8"
- Minimum CFM for Dust Collection: 400 CFM
- Dust Port Diameter: 4"
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Great Drum Sander
I initially ordered the 10 inch version but wisely upgraded to the 16/32 inch model. The additional capacity has worked out well for my projects. The amount of stock removed is so precise and the finished product requires very little additional sanding… Those two factors make the drum sander a smart choice when considering choosing between a drum sander and a larger wood planer. The conveyor belt is operated independently and automatically dictates the rate of feed… It’s a great feature! The Jet drum sander has made a huge impact in my shop!
Excellent Drum Sander
I owned one of these purchased through Woodcraft for several years. It is excellent. I made segmented bowls, segmented bracelets and cutting boards. Every time it worked flawlessly. I did add the infeed/outfeed tables and followed all guidelines for adjustments of conveyor, feed tables and sanding paper. I usually only turned the height adjustment a 1/8 turn and flipped over the piece every other pass. One time I had a small problem and call Jet and they immediately sent me another part that was working intermittently. Great service and great product - wish I had kept it when I moved.