15" Benchtop Drill Press, Model JDP-15B
Shipping Fee of $32.00
Accomplish any project with the power and precision of the Jet® 15" Benchtop Drill Press. The JDP-15B features a built-in LED work light, one-handed belt-tensioning system and a large 12-1/2" x 17" precision ground work table with twin T-slot grooves.Features:Change speeds quickly with...
Accomplish any project with the power and precision of the Jet® 15" Benchtop Drill Press. The JDP-15B features a built-in LED work light, one-handed belt-tensioning system and a large 12-1/2" x 17" precision ground work table with twin T-slot grooves.
- Change speeds quickly with the one-handed belt tensioning
- Spindle travels a full 3-1/8" with one revolution of the handle
- Power switch features a safety key and large, paddle-style off button
- Integrated depth stop makes repetitive drilling quick and easy
- Xacta-X laser system easily identifies the drill center
- Long-lasting, built-in LED work light reduces shadows
- Table edge lip designed to make clamping easy
- Replaceable MDF table insert
- Large cast iron base provides stability
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 115V, 1 Ph, 9A
- Number of Spindle Speeds: 16
- Spindle Speed Range: 210 - 3500 RPM
- Spindle Distance to Table (Max.): 18-5/16"
- Table Tilt: 45° left and right
- Column Diameter: 2-3/4"
- Swing: 15"
- Chuck Size: 5/8"
- Base Size: 18 x 11-3/8"
- Table Size: 12-1/2" L x 17" W
- Spindle Travel: 3-1/8"
- Weight: 154 lb.
- Spindle Taper: MT2/JT3
- Spindle Distance to Base: 26-3/4"
- Assembled Machine Dimensions: 27" L x 17" W x 43-7/8" H
- (1) Jet Model JDP-15B 15" Benchtop Drill Press
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Every two years at Woodcraft Magazine, we create a unique home workshop issue for readers wanting to start a shop or improve the one they already have. We first decide on a theme and then follow through by selecting a bare-bones space that serves as our blank slate. We then prep the walls, ceiling, and floor for shop duty and outfit the space with original shop projects and interesting products that match nicely with the theme, which, in this issue, is the “up-and-comer’s” home shop. As you can imagine, it’s an all-hands effort by our talented staff and woodworking contributors from across the country.
Nice Drill Press, But Be Prepared for Lights Out
Picked up a brand new Jet JDP-15B drill press at our nearby Woodcraft store on July 8, 2022. It was time to replace an Enco drill press I bought in 1981. Unboxed and assembled the JDP-15B with no problems; all parts were present, the instructions were clear, and its construction is sturdy. Once it was all set up, I plugged it in to 110v; and the panel lights came on as expected. Nice. But then, within a few seconds, all of the lights went out. No panel lights, no table lights, no laser lights. Hmmm. What? Shucks. I didn't even have time to chuck up a bit before everything blinked off. The motor does run, however, which is of course the big thing a drill press needs to do. It is smooth, quiet and virtually free of runout (there is a lot of runout on the old Enco). Checking online, I found a number of other recent Jet JDP series drill press purchasers experiencing the same problem. It took several calls over two days to connect with Jet JPW customer service, but I am persistent. Once I got through, they were friendly and helpful. They know all about the issue; the Jet customer service rep told me I was her third caller in as many days with the same problem. The reported fix is Jet part JDP17-104, a transformer/controller circuit board, but of course it is out of stock, and I will need to wait a month or more to get mine. Accessing and replacing the part requires removing the plastic front panel, and a metal panel behind that, and then some re-wiring. You will need basic tools, some technical skills, and more than a little patience. It is interesting to note that on the dead transformer/controller found in my new JDP-15B, a date stamp reads June of 2015. Yes, apparently you can get a 7-year-old defective part inside a Jet drill press sold as brand new in July, 2022. Until the replacement part arrives, I will be drilling in the dark.