15" Benchtop Drill Press - 3/4 HP 1 Ph 115V - JDP-15B
Save 15% Plus Free Shipping - December 8-17 ONLY!
The Jet® JDP-15B Benchtop Drill Press is a robust and reliable drilling machine designed for professional and home use. The JDP-15B features a powerful 3/4 horsepower motor, which can deliver speeds of up to 3,500 RPM, making it ideal for a wide range of drilling applications. The...
The Jet® JDP-15B Benchtop Drill Press is a robust and reliable drilling machine designed for professional and home use. The JDP-15B features a powerful 3/4 horsepower motor, which can deliver speeds of up to 3,500 RPM, making it ideal for a wide range of drilling applications. The 16-speed poly-v belt drive system allows you to tailor the rate to your drilling needs. The sturdy cast iron head and base ensure stability and durability during use. Additionally, the JDP-15B has a large 12-1/2" by 17" worktable, which can be tilted up to 45 degrees in either direction, giving you the flexibility to drill at various angles.
One of the standout features of the JDP-15B is its depth stop system which allows you to set the depth of your drill bit, ensuring consistent and accurate drilling depths every time. Additional features include a laser guide system, a built-in work light, a drill chuck with a key, and a convenient storage tray for your tools and accessories. Overall, the JDP-15B is a versatile and reliable drilling machine that is perfect for anyone who needs to drill precise and consistent holes in a variety of materials.
- Change speeds quickly with the one-handed belt tensioning
- Spindle travels a full 3-1/8" with one revolution of the handle
- Power switch features a safety key and large, paddle-style off button
- Integrated depth stop makes repetitive drilling quick and easy
- Xacta-X laser system easily identifies the drill center
- Long-lasting, built-in LED work light reduces shadows
- Table edge lip designed to make clamping easy
- Replaceable MDF table insert
- Large cast iron base provides stability
- Product: Drill Press
- Product Style: Benchtop
- Motor Type: TEFC
- Power Transfer: 2 poly v-belts
- Motor Power: 3/4 HP
- Motor Phase: Single
- Motor Voltage: 115V
- Motor Amps: 9A
- Recommended Circuit Size: 15A
- Number of Spindle Speeds: 16
- Maximum No-Load Spindle Speed Range: 210-3500 RPM
- Swing: 15"
- Maximum Spindle Travel: 3-1/8"
- Maximum Spindle Distance to Table: 18-1/2"
- Maximum Spindle Distance to Base: 26-7/8"
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Chuck Style: Keyed
- Chuck Size: 5/8"
- Chuck Arbor Taper: JT-3 to MT-2
- Maximum Chuck Distance to Table: 14-1/2"
- Maximum Chuck Distance to Base: 22-7/8"
- Column Diameter: 2-3/4"
- Table Size (L x W): 12-1/2" x 17"
- Table Tilt: 45° Left and Right
- Base Size (L x W x H): 18" x 11-3/8" x 2-1/4"
- Overall Assembled Dimensions (L x W x H): 26-5/6" x 17" x 43-7/8"
- Work Lamp: Integrated, pivoting LED
- Weight: 154 lbs.
- (1) Jet® 15" Benchtop Drill Press - 3/4 HP 1 Ph 115V - JDP-15B
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Every two years at Woodcraft Magazine, we create a unique home workshop issue for readers wanting to start a shop or improve the one they already have. We first decide on a theme and then follow through by selecting a bare-bones space that serves as our blank slate. We then prep the walls, ceiling, and floor for shop duty and outfit the space with original shop projects and interesting products that match nicely with the theme, which, in this issue, is the “up-and-comer’s” home shop. As you can imagine, it’s an all-hands effort by our talented staff and woodworking contributors from across the country.
Nice Drill Press, But Be Prepared for Lights Out
Picked up a brand new Jet JDP-15B drill press at our nearby Woodcraft store on July 8, 2022. It was time to replace an Enco drill press I bought in 1981. Unboxed and assembled the JDP-15B with no problems; all parts were present, the instructions were clear, and its construction is sturdy. Once it was all set up, I plugged it in to 110v; and the panel lights came on as expected. Nice. But then, within a few seconds, all of the lights went out. No panel lights, no table lights, no laser lights. Hmmm. What? Shucks. I didn't even have time to chuck up a bit before everything blinked off. The motor does run, however, which is of course the big thing a drill press needs to do. It is smooth, quiet and virtually free of runout (there is a lot of runout on the old Enco). Checking online, I found a number of other recent Jet JDP series drill press purchasers experiencing the same problem. It took several calls over two days to connect with Jet JPW customer service, but I am persistent. Once I got through, they were friendly and helpful. They know all about the issue; the Jet customer service rep told me I was her third caller in as many days with the same problem. The reported fix is Jet part JDP17-104, a transformer/controller circuit board, but of course it is out of stock, and I will need to wait a month or more to get mine. Accessing and replacing the part requires removing the plastic front panel, and a metal panel behind that, and then some re-wiring. You will need basic tools, some technical skills, and more than a little patience. It is interesting to note that on the dead transformer/controller found in my new JDP-15B, a date stamp reads June of 2015. Yes, apparently you can get a 7-year-old defective part inside a Jet drill press sold as brand new in July, 2022. Until the replacement part arrives, I will be drilling in the dark.