13" Planer/Molder, Model JWPM-13CS
Shipping Fee of $99.00
The JET JPM-13CS 13" Closed Stand Planer / Molder boasts a 1.5 HP motor. The sturdy cast iron table and base provide strength and reduce vibration during use. The Three cutter head design produces a superior finish. Built in lockable caster add support and stability to the machine while...
The JET JPM-13CS 13" Closed Stand Planer / Molder boasts a 1.5 HP motor. The sturdy cast iron table and base provide strength and reduce vibration during use. The Three cutter head design produces a superior finish. Built in lockable caster add support and stability to the machine while allowing it to be maneuverable.
- Cast iron table and base provide strength and reduce vibration during use
- Four precision-ground column design feature adds stability when raising and lowering the table
- Three cutter head design produces a superior finish in either application
- Two speed gear box has feed rates set for optimum planing and molding results
- Molding cutter head accommodates over 40 standard molding cutter sets; most 2" or smaller heads can be installed without removing the planning knives to save you set-up time
- Infeed and outfeed rollers are adjustable and rubber-coated to support your workpiece without marring the wood
- Top-mounted height adjustment handle is easy to use for quick table height changes
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled 1-1/2HP motor uses two matched V-belts to deliver smooth, consistent power to the cutter head
- Exclusive angled 4" dust port keeps the dust hose out of the way while providing efficient chip and dust removal
- Built-in lockable casters add support and stability to machine while in use
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
I use it to deminsion lumber, it has a problem with wide hard Maple. I find it easy to change over to the molding mode, and back. The moldings come out almost ready to stain. I have done several basements, base, crown, door caseings etc. never missed a beat. I purchased it almost 4 years ago.
I pruchased the enclosed version a year ago. I have run many board feet of hardwood through it (mostly cherry), and the finish is still great. I get minimal to no snipe after adjusting the roller extensions attached to the cast iron bed. Dust collection is excepdtional. A small amount of chips collect on the cast iron table when runing narrow boards through it, but my floor is clean. The enclosed base does prevent storage on a shelf but the built in mobile base makes moving it easy. Since I only use it when dimensioning lumber at the begining of a project I store it under my basement steps. Maybe not a good choice if you have a small shop.
Not your fathers Oldsmobile
The stationary unit comes with all the features but is not portable. In many shops to conserve space, portablility of the planer is a must. The unit sold with a portable base does not come with dust collector port or infeed/outfeed rollers and the rollers cannot be bought seperatly. Further, the knife adjustment is a circus, the knives go out of adjustment as you tighten the anchor screws. Overall, the life of the knives are quite short. I have a very old low budget portable that will out perform this unit.