Jet - 13" Planer/Molder, Model JWPM-13CS
The JET JPM-13CS 13" Closed Stand Planer / Molder boasts a 1.5 HP motor. The sturdy cast iron table and base provide strength and reduce vibration during use. The Three cutter head design produces...
Item 839589Model 708475
Item 843944Model 708476
Item 838337Model 708466DXK
The JET JPM-13CS 13" Closed Stand Planer / Molder boasts a 1.5 HP motor. The sturdy cast iron table and base provide strength and reduce vibration during use. The Three cutter head design produces a superior finish. Built in lockable caster add support and stability to the machine while allowing it to be maneuverable.
- Cast iron table and base provide strength and reduce vibration during use
- Four precision-ground column design feature adds stability when raising and lowering the table
- Three cutter head design produces a superior finish in either application
- Two speed gear box has feed rates set for optimum planing and molding results
- Molding cutter head accommodates over 40 standard molding cutter sets; most 2" or smaller heads can be installed without removing the planning knives to save you set-up time
- Infeed and outfeed rollers are adjustable and rubber-coated to support your workpiece without marring the wood
- Top-mounted height adjustment handle is easy to use for quick table height changes
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled 1-1/2HP motor uses two matched V-belts to deliver smooth, consistent power to the cutter head
- Exclusive angled 4" dust port keeps the dust hose out of the way while providing efficient chip and dust removal
- Built-in lockable casters add support and stability to machine while in use
Shipping / Billing Information
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 2-5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
I use it to deminsion lumber, it has a problem with wide hard Maple. I find it easy to change over to the molding mode, and back. The moldings come out almost ready to stain. I have done several basements, base, crown, door caseings etc. never missed a beat. I purchased it almost 4 years ago.
I pruchased the enclosed version a year ago. I have run many board feet of hardwood through it (mostly cherry), and the finish is still great. I get minimal to no snipe after adjusting the roller extensions attached to the cast iron bed. Dust collection is excepdtional. A small amount of chips collect on the cast iron table when runing narrow boards through it, but my floor is clean. The enclosed base does prevent storage on a shelf but the built in mobile base makes moving it easy. Since I only use it when dimensioning lumber at the begining of a project I store it under my basement steps. Maybe not a good choice if you have a small shop.
Not your fathers Oldsmobile
The stationary unit comes with all the features but is not portable. In many shops to conserve space, portablility of the planer is a must. The unit sold with a portable base does not come with dust collector port or infeed/outfeed rollers and the rollers cannot be bought seperatly. Further, the knife adjustment is a circus, the knives go out of adjustment as you tighten the anchor screws. Overall, the life of the knives are quite short. I have a very old low budget portable that will out perform this unit.