12" Planer/Jointer Combo - 3 HP 1 Ph 230V - Helical Cutterhead - JJP-12HH
Shipping Fee of $99.00
The Jet® JJP-12HH is a powerful jointer and planer designed to handle even the toughest of tasks with ease. With its 3 HP induction motor, this machine is capable of tackling any jointing or planing job quickly and efficiently. Equipped with a helical cutterhead with indexable carbide...
The Jet® JJP-12HH is a powerful jointer and planer designed to handle even the toughest of tasks with ease. With its 3 HP induction motor, this machine is capable of tackling any jointing or planing job quickly and efficiently. Equipped with a helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and a quieter cut. The parallelogram design keeps the table close to the cutterhead, improving finish and allowing for precise depth of cut adjustments.
The planer/jointer combo features heavy-duty cast iron tables with a machined finish, ensuring accuracy and flatness. The extra large aluminum extruded fence with centered controls allows for quick adjustments, while the large handwheel provides quick and precise adjustments of the planer table. With an extremely quick changeover between jointing and planing functions, the fence does not need to be removed. The built-in dust chute with 4" dust port is used for both jointing and planing operations, keeping your workspace clean and safe. The Jet JJP-12HH also features a heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand with mounting tabs for increased stability. This machine is built to last and is ideal for both professional and hobbyist woodworkers. If you're looking for a powerful and reliable jointer and planer that delivers excellent results, look no further than the Jet JJP-12HH.
- Powerful 3HP induction motor easily handles the toughest jointing and planing tasks
- Helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and a quieter cut
- Parallelogram design keeps the table close to the cutterhead for improved finish and allows for precise depth of cut adjustments
- Heavy-duty cast iron tables with a machined finish to ensure accuracy and flatness
- Extra large aluminum extruded fence with centered controls for quick adjustments
- Large handwheel for quick and precise adjustments of planer table
- Extremely quick changeover between jointing and planing functions (fence does not need to be removed)
- Magnetic switch provides safer and more reliable operation
- Built-in dust chute with 4" dust port used for both jointing and planing operations
- Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability
- Product: Planer/Jointer Combo
- Type: Straight Knife
- Style: Floor Standing Model
- Motor Type: TEFC, totally enclosed, fan-cooled
- Motor Power: 3 HP
- Motor Phase: Single
- Voltage: 230V only
- Cycle: 60 Hz
- Amps: 12.5A
- Cutterhead Speed: 5,500 RPM
- Cutterhead Diameter: 2-3/4"
- Number of Knives: 56 four-sided inserts
- Knife Size (L x W x T/in): 0.59" x 0.59" x 0.10"
- Jointer Table Size (L x W): 55" x 12"
- Table Height From Floor: 33-1/2"
- Maximum Stock Removal: 1/8"
- Fence Size (L x H): 43" x 6 "
- Fence Tilt: 90° to 45° R
- Fence Positive Stop: 90° and 45°R
- Planer Table Size (L x W):
- Full Width Cutting Depth - Very dense and/or very tight grained lumber: No more than 1/16” per full width cut per pass
- Full Width Cutting Depth - Dense and/or tight grained lumber: No more than 3/32” per full width cut per pass
- Full Width Cutting Depth - Soft woods: No more than 1/8” per full width cut per pass
- Maximum Workpiece Thickness: 8-3/4"
- Minimum Length of Workpiece: 6 "
- Feed Rate: 12 fpm
- Table Movement Per One Handwheel Revolution: 5/32”
- Stand Footprint (L x W): 22" x 19-1/2"
- Overall Dimensions (L x W x H): 55" x 29-1/2" x 39-2/5"
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required: 400
- Dust Port Diameter (in): 4"
- Net Weight: 500 lbs.
- (1) Jet® 12" Planer/Jointer Combo - 3 HP 1 Ph 230V - Helical Cutterhead - JJP-12HH
Shipping / Billing InformationAll shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Address corrections and cancellations may not be possible once order is submitted. Requested changes may incur additional charges.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 7-10 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
The Woodcraft Warrior Project is a charity mission to raise money for the Central and Southern Ohio Chapter of the ALS Association to help fight Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Students from Warren High School in Vincent, Ohio have teamed up with Woodcraft to make cutting boards with a laser engraved Warren mascot logo, donating 100% of the profits to the charity.
Over the last decade, the editors of Woodcraft Magazine have seen and reviewed a multitude of new products. Some simply represented an attempt to build a better mousetrap, but a few have made fresh impressions on the woodworking world, and we’re betting that they are likely to continue making ripples for years to come.
Alignment is a nightmare!!!!!!
Built pretty well, however, the table adjustment design is terrible! Too many set screws, hex bolts and lock downs that effect the infeed to outfeed alignment. Would not have bought it if I knew what a pain these adjustments are.
Solid Performing Machine
Bought this combo machine six years ago and have loved it every minute. Switching between joiner and planer takes less than 45 seconds and saves a ton of space in the shop. Helical heads perform great. Only suggestions for JET is to (1) beef up the chain tension guide (mine was misaligned and I had to put in a shim to correct) and (2) provide a dust hose support to hold the hose away from the outfeed table when using the planer. I fabricated one for this use.
Great Combo Machine
Allows jointing up to 12" to match desired planer width (& replaced former planer). Helix cutter is great, perfect cuts, avoids knife sharpening & replacement. More compact than 8" Jet jointer, which it replaced, for my small shop. No snipe evident so far. Only real complaint is oddball scale for precision planer table adjustment.
I bought one of these at Woodcraft in Newington NH. The owner and his staff were very helpful in assisting me with selecting this machine over others they had on the floor, and with getting it on my truck as well. I decided on the helical head, though it added almost $600.00 to the bottom line. Let me tell you, as a 30 year professional woodworker this is all the machine most shops will ever need. Well made, tough (I sistered material to the fence mounts to strengthen them per my personal preference) and easily moved with Woodcraft's add-on proprietary caster/leveling feet that are also a joy to use. I sold a parks 12 planer and Porter 300 12" jointer with understandable tears in my eyes before a cross-country move a few years back, and owning this machine I hardly remember them now (though I may need to see a doctor about that!) Anyway, you wont be sorry you plunked down the Benjamins for this one!