Jet - 12" Planer/Jointer with Helical Head, Model JJP-12HH
Save 15% On Jet and Powermatic Now Through April 30, 2020
This item is now out of stock with the Manufacturer. Order now for late May delivery.
Item 839589Model 708475
Item 842696Model 707410
Item 838337Model 708466DXK
Item 860644Model 25-010H
Item 412086Model 1791308
Item 831959Model 708457DXK
- Helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and quieter cut
- Parallelogram design keeps the table close to the cutterhead for improved finish and allows for precise depth of cut adjustments
- Extra large aluminum extruded fence with centered controls for quick adjustments
- Extremely quick changeover between jointing and planing functions. Fence does not need to be removed
- Powerful 3HP induction motor easily handles the toughest jointing and planing tasks
- Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability
- Built-in dust chute with 4" dust port used for both jointing and planing operations
- Large handwheel for quick and precise adjustments of planer table
- Heavy-duty cast iron tables with a machined finish to ensure accuracy and flatness
- Magnetic switch provides safer and more reliable operation
- H 40” x W 34” x L 55”
- Cutterhead Speed: 5500 RPM
- Cutterhead Diameter: 2-3/4"
- Table Height: 33-1/2"
- Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4"
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required: 400 cu.ft/min
- Motor: 3 HP, 230 V, Prewired 230 V, 1Ph, 12.5 A
- Shipping weight 600 lb.
Shipping / Billing Information
All shipments must be inspected and any damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
This product ships direct from the manufacturer:
- Your order will ship in 5 business days.
- This product is considered special order. Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states. Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
The Woodcraft Warrior Project is a charity mission to raise money for the Central and Southern Ohio Chapter of the ALS Association to help fight Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Students from Warren High School in Vincent, Ohio have teamed up with Woodcraft to make cutting boards with a laser engraved Warren mascot logo, donating 100% of the profits to the charity.
Over the last decade, the editors of Woodcraft Magazine have seen and reviewed a multitude of new products. Some simply represented an attempt to build a better mousetrap, but a few have made fresh impressions on the woodworking world, and we’re betting that they are likely to continue making ripples for years to come.
Solid Performing Machine
Bought this combo machine six years ago and have loved it every minute. Switching between joiner and planer takes less than 45 seconds and saves a ton of space in the shop. Helical heads perform great. Only suggestions for JET is to (1) beef up the chain tension guide (mine was misaligned and I had to put in a shim to correct) and (2) provide a dust hose support to hold the hose away from the outfeed table when using the planer. I fabricated one for this use.
Great Combo Machine
Allows jointing up to 12" to match desired planer width (& replaced former planer). Helix cutter is great, perfect cuts, avoids knife sharpening & replacement. More compact than 8" Jet jointer, which it replaced, for my small shop. No snipe evident so far. Only real complaint is oddball scale for precision planer table adjustment.
I bought one of these at Woodcraft in Newington NH. The owner and his staff were very helpful in assisting me with selecting this machine over others they had on the floor, and with getting it on my truck as well. I decided on the helical head, though it added almost $600.00 to the bottom line. Let me tell you, as a 30 year professional woodworker this is all the machine most shops will ever need. Well made, tough (I sistered material to the fence mounts to strengthen them per my personal preference) and easily moved with Woodcraft's add-on proprietary caster/leveling feet that are also a joy to use. I sold a parks 12 planer and Porter 300 12" jointer with understandable tears in my eyes before a cross-country move a few years back, and owning this machine I hardly remember them now (though I may need to see a doctor about that!) Anyway, you wont be sorry you plunked down the Benjamins for this one!