Chef Knife for Cutting Fruits Vegetables and Meat - 9-5/8" - O1 Steel - Unfinished Kit
A chef’s knife is probably a cook’s most important tool in the kitchen. Highly versatile. This blade glides through meat, fish, fruits and veg with minimal effort. Make your own custom chef’s knife with this blank.Simply the best kitchen knives you will ever own! The 1/8"-thick high...
A chef’s knife is probably a cook’s most important tool in the kitchen. Highly versatile. This blade glides through meat, fish, fruits and veg with minimal effort. Make your own custom chef’s knife with this blank.
Simply the best kitchen knives you will ever own! The 1/8"-thick high carbon tool steel in these blades makes a superior cutting tool in the kitchen and something you can pass on to future generations. While stainless cutlery can be handy, nothing cuts better than high carbon tool steel. This is O1 tool steel, the same steel used in the Hock plane blades (and the knives in our kitchen) for decades – the same steel at the same hardness that you’ve come to value and rely on from Hock Tools’ woodworking blades. Now you can appreciate how easily the blades sharpen and how sharp they will be in your own kitchen. To prevent corrosion simply wash and dry after each use, and never put the knives in the dishwasher.
- Customize your knife blade by choosing from a myriad of woods to make your handle
- A workhorse in the kitchen, capable of taking on nearly any task
- Constructed from high quality O1 tool steel
- Sharpens to a razor’s edge
- Overall Length: 7-5/8"
- Cutting Edge: 3"
- Blade Material: O1 tool steel
- (1) Blade
- (3) Pins
- Knife scale / handle material sold separately.
- Hand wash your blades with gentle dish soap, rinse clean and towel dry immediately.
- Hone your blades with a steel or ceramic rod weekly to keep them sharp. We recommend sharpening your blades with a whetstone at an angle of 15°-20°.
- CAUTION: DO NOT chop bone or use this knife on a hard surface like a glass cutting board, tile, or granite.
As expected this blade is top quality(as is exverything put out by Hock). The blade is beefy and solid, very well made. Pretty much shave sharp out of box. Very happy with it.
Have several Hock plane blades and thought I would give this a try. Built with buckeye burl stabilized scales. Polished everything with micromesh. Razor sharp and almost too pretty to use. Went together easily.
Chef Knife for Cutting Fruits Vegetables and Meat - 8-1/4" - AUS 10 - Unfinished KitItem 159204
Chef Knife for Cutting Fruits Vegetables and Meat - 12-3/4" - Damascus - Unfinished KitItem 153653
Santoku Knife for Mincing Slicing and Dicing Vegetables - 9-5/16" - Damascus - Unfinished KitItem 153654
Paring Knife for Peeling Slicing Coring Fruits and Vegetables - 7-11/16" - Damascus - Unfinished KitItem 153655
Steak Knife Set for Cutting Steak and Other Meats - 9-3/16" - SS - Unfinished Kit - 6 PieceItem 172796