Wood Stain - Water Based - Black Cherry - Quart
The most advanced interior stains on the market, General Finishes® uses only the finest ingredients to create the rich color, heavy body and longer open time that's the hallmark of these nonflammable dye/pigment blend water-based stains. Formulated to be easy to use and consistently...
The most advanced interior stains on the market, General Finishes® uses only the finest ingredients to create the rich color, heavy body and longer open time that's the hallmark of these nonflammable dye/pigment blend water-based stains. Formulated to be easy to use and consistently outperform your expectations on difficult woods like maple and pine. The rich colors enhance the beauty of the wood, while the heavy-bodied formula and longer open time make it easier to control the depth and evenness of color.
- No harsh chemicals or toxic vapors
- Easy clean up
- Outstanding performance
- Easy to use
- Color: Black Cherry
- Size: Quart
- Type: Water based pigmented wood stain
- Interior/Exterior Use: Rated for interior use only
- Coats: 1+ coats (additional coats can deepen the color of the stain)
- Recommended Use: Furniture, millwork and cabinetry
- Application Method: Brush, roll, pad or spray
- Clean-Up: Warm, soapy water
- VOC: <185 g/L
- Coverage: 100-150 sq.ft.
- Ideal Drying Conditions: 70° F and 50% humidity, out of direct sunlight, with good air movement
- Dry Time - Touch: Raw wood - 30+ minutes; existing finish - 1+ hour
- Dry Time - Recoat: 2+ hours
- Dry Time - Recoat - Applied Over Oil Based Product: 24 hours
- (1) General Finishes - Wood Stain - Water Based - Black Cherry - Quart
- Hint: Pre-Stain Conditioner (Natural) is the base from which all the colors are made. It can be used to enhance the beauty of the wood like a stain prior to finishing but is primarily intended to be used as a base to dilute or tint custom stain colors.
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
The idea of incorporating family heirlooms into your home appeals to a lot of people. A mix of old and new décor can actually work very well together to create a space that is warm and inviting with a comfortable lived-in look. Woodcraft’s graphic designer Tara Piggott reimagined a travel trunk built by her grandfather into a beautiful storage trunk for her home. Check out how she did it in this Woodworking Adventures blog.
I used this product on Maple and It still blotched, I am sure your not getting around this. Blotching not as bad as Minwax products and I didn't use any pre stain conditioner either. When I applied Arm-R-seal I was shocked at how nice it looked and how little work I did. I am throwing out all minwax and not looking back!