Clear Satin Topcoat Gel 1/2 Pint
These oil-based Gel Topcoats and Stains are quite possibly the easiest of all finishes to use and achieve a "hand-rubbed" look without all the work. Application is easy with a foam brush or lint...
• This is the stain that has the most "finishing feel" of all General Finishes' products
• Woodworkers love the lustrous finish that shows up
• Heavy-bodied, and so does not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-base stains do
• Can help you get a more even appearance on difficult woods such as aspen or pine
• Easy-to-use stains simply wipe on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush (no spills or splashes)
Instructions / MSDS
Articles & Blogs
Great for the final few coats
Definitely avoids drips and runs on vertical surfaces and leaves a beautiful satin finish with minimal sanding between coats. I seal with 2-3 coats of regular poly sanded to even the surface and then use the top coat for my final 2-3 coats.
It's easy to use and looks great!
I have been using the Minwax stuff from a big box store, but this is a far superior product. Lays really fine and streak free. The satin is more of a flat finish and was just what I was looking for. Try it, you'll really like it although it does take a bit of time to dry. It's worth the wait.