American Oak Gel Stain Pint
A great way to renovate and recycle! These oil-based Gel Topcoats and Stains are quite possibly the easiest of all finishes to use and achieve a "hand-rubbed" look without all the work. Application...
• This is the stain that has the most "finishing feel" of all General Finishes' products
• Woodworkers love the lustrous finish that shows up
• Heavy-bodied, and so does not penetrate as deeply into the wood as liquid oil-base stains do
• Can help you get a more even appearance on difficult woods such as aspen or pine
• Easy-to-use stains simply wipe on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush (no spills or splashes)
Instructions / MSDS
I have used this stain on several projects and it works so much better than standard stains. I like that I can use this to stain items that can not be stained traditionally. I just wish woodcraft.com would offer free shipping or at least a low flat rate more often. Shipping is high.
great stain, but....
I have used Barley Gel stain for a very long time. Now that it is unavailable, I thought I would try this stain. I found that the golden oak is much ligher than Bartley. It almost looks yellow when applied to basswood. I think I will try to mix it with a darker color to get the same color as Bartley. I found it is very easy to use and preforms well otherwise.