Flaky Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Quartersawn Heavy Flake - 3M PSA Backed
This item has an additional shipping charge
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Flaky White Oak wood veneer, or Tiger Flake, is typically a straw colored light tan-brown to a creamy beige wheat color. White oak is a...
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a furnituremaker, you’ll be delighted with the results you get with this all natural wood veneer by Sauers and Company. Flaky White Oak wood veneer, or Tiger Flake, is typically a straw colored light tan-brown to a creamy beige wheat color. White oak is a common American hardwood that is easy to work with, strong, dense and decay resistant due to the abundance of tylose in its cells. Flaky White Oak veneer has a coarse texture and an alternating tight to porous grain that is interrupted by the flakey figure. This veneer is often stained and accepts finishes well which heighten the visibility of the flake and makes it appear lighter relative to the rest of the grain. Pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) veneer is a type of paper-backed veneer that is a simple and easy alternative for applying veneer without the need for a liquid adhesive. Utilizing 3M™ adhesives, PSA veneer bonds to most smooth surfaces that are dry and free of dust and contaminants.
- Applications include furniture repair and manufacture, countertops and shelves and architectural millwork
- Book-matched with precision matched spliced seam lines
- Flexible, making application an easy process
- Pre-sanded and ready to finish
- Consistent color
- Species: Flaky White Oak
- Width: 4'
- Length: 8'
- Cut/Style: Quartersawn Heavy Flake
- Backing Type: 3M PSA
- (1) Flaky White Oak Wood Veneer Sheet - 4' x 8' - Quartersawn Heavy Flake - 3M PSA Backed
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
Shipping / Billing InformationThis is a custom made product and is non-returnable. Once placed, order cannot be cancelled.
- Your order will ship in approximately 5 business days except for custom orders which may take a couple of weeks.
- This product ships direct from the manufacturer and is considered special order.
- Your account will be charged when you place your order.
- Express or overnight shipping is not available for this product.
- Ships by Ground to the 48 contiguous states.
- Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, APOs, US Territories, Canada or other foreign countries.
Returns allowed only due to manufacturers defect and must be in an unprocessed condition. Defect-related returns must be received within 30 days.If you have a defect issue, contact Woodcraft Supply customer service @ 1-800-535-4482 for details.
When returning product, please include the invoice number or customer number and refer to the back of the invoice for shipping instructions.
If purchased at a Woodcraft Store, please return the item directly to the store where your purchase was made.
Just like the picture
I needed flaky quarter sawn oak for an antique pool table. That is exactly what I got. Fairly easy to use. Worked well for me. One edge did not have PSA all the way to the edge but I worked around that. I also had a little problem separating backing. The PSA wanted to stay on the backing. The product came directly from the manufacturer. I like that. They should know how to ship it best. Woodcraft provides no installation instructions. I had to get that from other sellers web sites. Overall it was great.