Woodcraft Woodshop - Finnish Birch Plywood 5/32" (4 mm) x 12" x 30"
Finnish Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and...
Item 124879Model 5/32 X 24 X 30
Item 50Y01Model 1/4 X 12 X 30
Item 50Y05Model 1/2 X 12 X 30
Item 50Y02Model 1/4 X 24 X 30
Item 50Y06Model 1/2 X 24 X 30
Item 131409Model 18mm-3/4x12x30
Item 131408Model 12mm-1/2x12x30
Item 152977Model 12mm-1/2x30x48
Item 131407Model 9mm-3/8x12x30
Item 131403Model 12mm-1/2x24x30
Finnish Birch Plywood is lightweight multi-ply plywood made entirely of birch plies, using no softwood or filler plies in the center. The result is a product with greater stiffness, strength and durability. The "front" face is classified as paint grade. A slight variation in color is acceptable, but no patches are allowed. The "rear" face and inner plies may contain patches. Both faces are sanded smooth. Multiple-ply edges can be sanded or routed, and the plywood has excellent screw-holding power. The exterior glue used in this plywood makes it suitable for outdoor projects (with an appropriate outdoor finish). Common uses of Finnish Birch Plywood include drawer sides and bottoms, scrollsaw projects, or when building jigs and fixtures.
- Higher quality plywood
- Uses no fillers or softwood
- Uses 40% more dense plies than standard plywood
- Thick face plies allow for more resistance to sand-through
- Thickness: 5/32" (4 mm)
- Width: 12"
- Length: 30"
- 5/32" Finnish Plywood has 3 plies
- All dimensions are nominal and may be slightly undersized
- (1) Finnish Birch Plywood 5/32" (4 mm) x 12" x 30"
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock.
- The grain runs with the longest dimension.
- Thin Stock is dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood sizes are nominal, the dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Larger blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Smaller blocks are dimensioned to within +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Spindle stock (1-1/2" T x 2" W) is dimensioned to within +/-1/8" of size listed.
Articles & Blogs
In this months Woodcraft catalog, July 2012 edition is a special layout showing hundreds of wood species. With varieties from Ash to Zebrawood in styles of bandings to veneers, now is the time for you to benefit from this special offering with savings up to 60% off. You will also find these savings at your local Woodcraft store and online.
would buy again
Can't get 5/32 locally and need for propeller blades for a whirly gig I am building, enough to make a bunch of them.