Woodcraft Woodshop - Ebony, Macassar 3/8" x 2-3/4" x 22" Finger Board
Macassar Ebony (Diospyros celebica) has a dramatic striped appearance, somewhat similar to zebrawood, that is dark brown to black heartwood with contrasting bands of yellow to golden brown. Very...
Item 179296Model MacEbony 2x2x6
Item 838045Model Ebony, Gab 1.5x6
Item 160088Model K55-156
Item 838480Model P55-345
Item 06A85Model PAR MOR023
Item 840216Model Ebony, Gab 1.5x18
Item 127309Model PAR SPC072
Macassar Ebony (Diospyros celebica) has a dramatic striped appearance, somewhat similar to zebrawood, that is dark brown to black heartwood with contrasting bands of yellow to golden brown. Very hard, dense, and heavy, it can be very brittle at its heart. It has a dulling effect on cutters. The grain is usually straight but tear-out may occur on pieces that have interlocked or irregular grain. Uses include high-end cabinetry, inlay work, musical instruments, and decorative applications.
- Striped appearance
- Fine texture
- Native to Southeast Asia
- Thickness: 3/8"
- Width: 2-3/4"
- Length: 22"
- Use: Finger Board
- (1) Macassar Ebony 3/8" x 2-3/4" x 22 Finger Board
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Thin Stock. The thin stock is cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks. Blocks are sawn to +/- 1/4" of size listed.
- Plywood. Sizes are nominal. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.