Woodcraft Woodshop - Ebony Macassar 2" x 2" x 12"
Macassar Ebony (Diospyros celebica) has a dramatic striped appearance, somewhat similar to zebrawood. Dark brown to black heartwood with contrasting bands of yellow to golden brown. Very hard,...
Item 179296Model MacEbony 2x2x6
Item 131466Model T33-112
Item 123741Model Ebony Gaboon 1x1x12
Item 131465Model T33-152
Item 851571Model 851571
Item 838045Model Ebony, Gab 1.5x6
Item 840216Model Ebony, Gab 1.5x18
Item 158298Model L33-105
Item 838480Model P55-345
Macassar Ebony (Diospyros celebica) has a dramatic striped appearance, somewhat similar to zebrawood. Dark brown to black heartwood with contrasting bands of yellow to golden brown. Very hard, dense, and heavy, it can be very brittle at its heart. The grain is usually straight but tear-out may occur on pieces that have interlocked or irregular grain. In addition to its constant demand with veneer mills, it is highly-prized by guitar luthiers: its great density gives the wood tremendous resonance, making it ideally suited for acoustic guitar back and sides or fretboards.
- Excellent for turning
- Striped appearance
- Fine texture
- Dimensions: 1" x 1" x 12"
- Macassar Ebony is a product of Southeast Asia
- Applications: veneer, high-end cabinetry, billiard cues, musical instruments, turning, crafts or decorative applications
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Thin Stock. The thin stock is cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks. Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of size listed.
- Plywood. Sizes are nominal. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.