Woodcraft Woodshop - Ebony, Macassar - 1" x 1" x 12"
Macassar ebony (Diospyros celebica) has a dramatic striped appearance, somewhat similar to zebrawood. Dark brown to black heartwood with contrasting bands of yellow to golden brown. Very hard,...
Item 179296Model MacEbony 2x2x6
Item 123741Model Ebony Gaboon 1x1x12
Item 175802Model BrazilEbony1.5x1.5x1
Item 131465Model T33-152
Item 838045Model Ebony, Gab 1.5x6
Item 840216Model Ebony, Gab 1.5x18
Item 838480Model P55-345
Item 851571Model 851571
- Excellent for turning
- Striped appearance
- Fine texture
- Dimensions: 1" x 1" x 12"
- Macassar Ebony is a product of Southeast Asia
- Applications: veneer, high-end cabinetry, billiard cues, musical instruments, turning, crafts or decorative applications
- Due to the nature of wood movement, shrinkage and expansion are possible. Please measure each piece carefully before starting any project.
- Wood is a product of nature, and as such, no two pieces are alike to start with, while the same wood growing in different locales can vary greatly even though it is the exact same species.
- Thin Stock. The thin stock is cut to size from quality, kiln-dried stock. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
- Carving and Turning Blocks. Blocks are sawn to +/- ¼" of size listed.
- Plywood. Sizes are nominal. Dimensions are +/- 1/8" of size listed.
Prefer to buy in person
I build award winning custom turkey calls and ordered this wood at a customer's request. The wood was solid, but had no character in the grain. It was very functional, but not so appealing to the eye. I much prefer selecting my own wood in person. Customer was pleased with the sound and lines on the turning of the piece, but commented that the grain of the wood appeared quite bland.
Great carving wood. Very hard, but worth the effort